Limiting Force On Specific Axis

Currently, you cannot limit specific axis on Mover Constraints.

(I’m aware of this feature request)

I want to know if there’s any workarounds to this issue that don’t resort to using the deprecated BodyMovers.

If you don’t know what I’m talking about, currently, the behavior of Mover Constraints makes it much more difficult to achieve certain goals (such as letting the player slide on surfaces) as it enforces the Maximum Force on all axis. BodyMovers allow the developer to select which axis are affected by the MaxForce and ignore the others. This can allow developers to combine BodyMovers to achieve great results.

I have found some solutions on the forum, but these are usually dependent on the case.

I want to know if there’s any general solution that would work regardless of the situation and/or result you’re trying to achieve. If there isn’t, then I’ll resort to BodyMovers.

1 Like

I would have probably made the consistent transition over to the new physics movers had they implemented this.

It’s an enigma to me why they don’t share the same functionality as BodyMovers, and yet Roblox claims they do exactly as the legacy movers.

Only advice I can give is to use the legacy ones for now. They still work just fine.

3 Likes