Line Spacing on Item Descriptions is not working

Typically I put long descriptions in my items so players can find other related items in my catalogue.

I do this with normal formatting that has worked for some time. But within the last day or two the line spacing on the items seems to be wrapping all of the text in a continuous line and ignoring the formatting.

Expected behavior

The formatting in the live description should match the configure formatting with proper line spacing.

Page URL: https://www.roblox.com/catalog/14511103975/Blood-Flame-Sombrero

12 Likes

I’m not sure if roblox supports this but you could try the html tag?

<br/>

In html this makes the text jump over to the next row

Updating all my items with that would be impossible. I have about 4k items on the store haha.

They just need to revert whatever change they did to break it recently. It was working yesterday I think.

4 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

Hey there, I’ve noticed this issue is happening a lot more lately with my new items. The spacing in the configuration is ok, but on the website for customers it’s broken and all wrapping together.

2 Likes

Just letting you know this issue is still ongoing. It seems to have resurfaced and is affecting a large portion of my catalogue now.

2 Likes

Still an ongoing issue, hasn’t been resolved

1 Like

This is still a bug that hasn’t been fixed, it’s very annoying for Ugc/clothing designers. :sob:

2 Likes

Can you guys please fix this spacing/line separation issue please?

2 Likes

Any progress in fixing this bug?

Would really appreciate an update on this, it’s really irritating!

It’s still there, any chance it will be fixed soon? It’s so annoying.

This issue seems to occur on and off.

Yeah, just had this start happening when trying to publish a description for my game. Was about to post a bug report before seeing this as the top post. Happens when trying to publish the description on both the website and inside Roblox Studio at the moment.

StudioDescriptionBug

WebsiteDescriptionBug

So it looks like they just made it even worse…and now reject descriptions with line spacing all together??

Just today suddenly proper formatting is being rejected completely…

2 Likes

This is happening to me also, it’s very strange

2 Likes

68f6f3acc037c64dd08bced898594e9a

Same thing is also happening to me, it seems like we just need to wait and try again later.

4 Likes

Also happening on my end. Don’t know why I can’t space out my descriptions?

1 Like

This is happening with Groups when I change the description was gonna report but should show here and include it in this:

1 Like

This is happening on my game as of recently as well, only happens to new description changes.

4 Likes