LinkedScripts get destroyed if you attempt to upload while your account is disabled

Hello,

I have had a very serious problem with the LocalScripts in my game.
I was working in Studio, when unbeknownst to me, my account was disabled as there was small text in an automatically generated thumbnail of a model I had just uploaded.
I had attempted to upload an update to my game while my account was disabled, as I didn’t know it was disabled.
When I attempted to upload the game, something very strange happened.
All of my LinkedScripts had been replaced with the “Account Disabled” website code.
Every single one was destroyed.
I did not realise this had happened until I had uploaded the game again after re-enabling my account.
So basically the scripts were changed without my knowledge to the website code when I attempted the first upload and I then uploaded it all then when I re-enabled my account.
Rolling back the game didn’t save the scripts, as LinkedScripts cannot be rolled back.

I hope something can be done to prevent this happening again in the future! It is not a nice thing to happen.
Thanks!

8 Likes

This is a major problem. Have you contacted support yet?

3 Likes

Support will likely be unequipped to handle this and pass the request off to engineers. This category is the most accessible way to contact engineers, so this is a better avenue for support than info@roblox.com.

6 Likes

It’s all been fixed! AntiBoomz0r provided a very helpful solution that I could do myself. It is quite a lengthy workaround but it works! Have a look here, https://devforum.roblox.com/t/all-of-my-linkedscripts-have-been-replaced/154704/10?u=scallbob22 Hopefully though, in future, something can be done to prevent this from happening again or even a more handy way to roll back LinkedScripts.

2 Likes

Yay!

1 Like