List Mode for Studio - Beta Release

Thanks for letting us know you need this.

3 Likes

Glad it is helpful! Looking forward to more feedback.

3 Likes

Not an exact design flow but something similar to this Iā€™m sure would help out with it.

4 Likes

Custom materials donā€™t really stick around in the materials manager. Is there a way we can get them to permanently stay in our materials manager tab? Iā€™d like to not have to reupload all of them at a time. This also translates into if assets in the asset manager need to be consistent with the other places in the hierarchy.

Thanks Roblox, this is great news!

2 Likes

This is absolutely essential, the current workflow is just silly, we should be able to directly open any place within an experience. Itā€™s also quite confusing when people first start developing on the platform because itā€™s unfathomable that this feature wouldnā€™t exist and users innately look for it.

5 Likes

This is a great addition. However, I still canā€™t easily browse my games as the gameā€™s icons wonā€™t load in the recent games page:

Screenshot 2022-07-22 at 09.25.08

3 Likes

Oh yeah. Thisā€™ll definitely make managing experiences better.

3 Likes

I support this idea! It gets really annoying having to open the root experience first to be able to open these placesā€¦

1 Like

This looks awesome.

Not only can we fit more experiences on screen now, itā€™s also just easier to look at them and the info while going off the whole list.

2 Likes

This is good but however, imagine there experience better easier on screen for they release, i believe yours info are going to studio since they release for the future it is would be possible list mode for places.

Thanks for bringing this up! Could you give us some more info about this so we can investigate?

• Are you referring to the 3 placeholder icons in your screenshot, or the fact that all the other icons are identical?
  • Does the issue persist when you refresh, or switch back to grid view and refresh?

I encourage you to post a bug report if this issue seems persistent and reproducible :happy1:

4 Likes

This is great to see! Iā€™ve got tons of crap places I never use, spanning multiple hard drives, so being able to see them in a more compact manner is definitely helpful.

However, as Iā€™ve seen people mention before, itā€™d be useful to have some sort of ā€œpinā€ feature. The first one in this list with the censored name is the only place I really work on, and Iā€™d like to have it at the top regardless of sort, or regardless of any other places Iā€™d happen to visit after it.

Screenshot 2022-07-22 120025

5 Likes

Didnā€™t see this coming. I am amazed at how helpful the list layout is now that I can see it in action. It is beneficial in finding the right experience to join and edit.

1 Like

Thanks for taking the time to reply! Iā€™m referring to all the other icons, which appear to have the image Roblox loads by default when it fails to load the actual icon. Here are some indications I can give:

1. Iā€™ve only encountered this issue on Mac computers.
  2. The issue is persistent across refresh, grid switching, and full re-install.
  3. This only happens in the Recent Games tab.

Here is a bug report that seems to describe the same issue.

3 Likes

It would be cool if you could also sort the list, aswell as make public game statuses green like it is in grid mode

1 Like

This is a great feature!

Would it be possible to see the Private / Public text coloured though? It would make it much easier to differentiate between the two.

2 Likes

Great! Now please make folders, and spare me from making a game organizer website for Roblox.

3 Likes

I have one issue with thisā€¦ Inconsistent terms for experiences. In one place it says game and in the other place it seems to say experience. This is really annoying for me.

1 Like

Much more organized and compact, loving it so far!