Live Animation Creator [Beta]

I wanna say its a good feature, but the outcome isn’t the greatest in some situations.

13 Likes

I can see this being used in so many ways. Hopefully this feature will help new developers create games with a lower budget and maybe even short films.
I’m glad to see that it even works with subjects facing away from the camera in a video.
Despite some of the small quirks and bugs as of right now, I can’t wait to see how this feature will turn out once it’s fully released!
Along with this new technology, I wonder if it will be possible in the future to use Kinect tracking of some kind for live recording or possibly better quality tracking.
Anyways, enjoy this small test I did because why not lol.

8 Likes

Pretty excited, but I really hope the moderation for this is better than the model moderation. This can be really cool - or really inappropriately used.

1 Like

Could have probably used a better sample here

13 Likes

R6 supremacy honestly
it’s alright, a good feature actually, but, i don’t really see a use for this outside of cutscenes or just emotes. i’m not sure how someone would be supposed to implement this in actual gameplay.

why does the finished result end up being 180 degrees rotated?

7 Likes

Oh, yeah, don’t even bother with the Default Dance. I’ve tried it already. You’re better off porting it.

I’m not sure why they come out that way, but I’ve a solution:
Open the FBX file from the animation in Blender. Then, click on the Armature tab. Change the Z rotation from -180 to 0, and then change the rotation mode from XYZ Euler to Axis Angle. Make sure auto-keying is disabled. Then, just export the animation over the existing one and import it into the Animation Editor.

2 Likes

This is going to make animating anything and everything a lot easier for devs. One of the best studio updates yet.

I’m making a golfing game and up until now, I didn’t know how I was going to do the animation. This update will revolutionize Roblox development.

3 Likes

This update is revolutionary

20 Likes

this is iconic. I used a 25sec video and now have a mocap of sombra from overwatch dancing.

This will make my life easier as a solo dev.

3 Likes

Nice good job, may you link the plugin you used?

1 Like

LOL. Now animators aren’t even worth paying

4 Likes

Not entirely true. The animations are limited to 15 seconds or less and may not be completely accurate to the result you desire so paying an animator may end up being the better option.

4 Likes

I’m concerned that these “animators” are gonna take advantage of this feature to earn easy money. It seems easy at the moment to tell which is genuinely manually or AI animated, but that could become more difficult in the future as the feature gets more polished and built upon.

3 Likes

Howd you make this work with r6?

1 Like

I’m not them but I saw someone post a plugin earlier in this thread which allows you to convert R15 animations to R6.

Link: Drone’s Public Plugins

3 Likes

Mind if I praise the Roblox?

7 Likes

If I remember correctly, there’s a plugin called Drone’s Public Plugins that has a feature where you convert an R15 animation to R6 but you have to put in an ID to convert them.

Oh, a follow up to using this feature, I actually used it to make something more casual by recording myself and I used an audio clip of Tsukumo Sana accidentally saying “Macca’s” to make… this. Also converted to R6 via Drone’s Public Plugins.

5 Likes

I personally don’t really like this update. Like, it’s a really good time saver, but the animations are “motion captured” and that doesn’t look good on stylized avatars, which Roblox mostly consists of.
This would be useful, yes but I can’t see the animations looking very good, because motion capture only looks good on realistic characters, which Roblox just doesn’t have.

It’s a good update when it comes to saving time, really good in fact! The animations just look uncanny and well, bad.

3 Likes