[LIVE!] Place Version History in Studio

Wow! This makes things a whole lot easier for using Version History Because now it’s in ROBLOX Studio! This update is very innovative! I TOTALLY like this new update! You guys are awesome!

Also…

Happy Birthday, nsgriff! :birthday:

Keep it up ROBLOX! :roblox_light: :roblox:

4 Likes

I really wanted this, thanks for another cool feature!

Happy birthday, nsgriff!

2 Likes

Great feature ! Now to look at the version history will be very easier !

1 Like

Amazing new addition!
also happy birthday :happy3:

2 Likes

Love this change, thank you for making it easier for developers! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yess! I’ve been waiting for this for quite a while and I’m very excited for this! (Albeit maybe a bit more than I should considering it’s just version history). Either way, this finally unifies a lot of what I do. The ability to open versions from directly in studio will be super awesome for pulling old assets.

P.s. @nsgriff happy birthday!

2 Likes

I’m just happy I get to celebrate your birthday. WOO HOO.
But great feature too.

2 Likes

Helpful update, thanks this improves studio a lot

1 Like

Thank you all for the birthday wishes!

@Macawmangrovve12
Great question about Team Create. It behaves the same way it does today. It will iterate on the version and then when the next auto-save kicks in for the Team Create users it will overwrite that version. No corruption but it might feel like data loss (it’s not!)

@TheCarbyneUniverse
The max is a really long integer.

@CJ_Oyer
Those are the next steps!

@SelDraken
We’ll investigate to make sure there’s no version mismatching. Thanks for the report.

12 Likes

Finally, no more restoring until you find the version you want! Happy birthday nsgriff!

3 Likes

Woo hoo. what a treat from the birthday boy.
much appreciated :smile:

Happy birthday @nsgriff

1 Like

Can you make a way to drop down to the bottom? Scrolling through 1,000 place versions is very, very painful. Especially since it only loads a few at a time and yields as it loads, and you also can’t just put a weight on your End key. It will take me about twenty minutes to reach the bottom. image

This is a short video showing me: 1) trying to scroll down down, 2) attempting to click & drag the bar to the bottom, and 3) clicking & holding the Down arrow on the scrollbar.

2 Likes

@Maelstronomer

What are the reasons you might want to go to the bottom of your version history?

1 Like
  • Going down a few hundred to grab an old model/script I didn’t back up elsewhere
  • Sharing nostalgic images of my old places being built (which is awesome by the way)

Edit: When interacting with the version window, the End key acts like Home, and Home key does nothing. Although PageUp/Down work fine

4 Likes

This is super cool!

I agree with @CJ_Oyerthat having a way to name versions is quite important because most people won’t necessarily know what version they may be looking for and it is a pain to have to open up every version locally searching. In addition to naming versions, having a search bar would drastically improve it too!

Happy birthday btw @nsgriff :cake:

3 Likes

finally. I needed this because sometimes i mess up my games and publish it.

I’m happy that we finally have the basics needed to revert to different versions but I’d love a notes feature built in so we can tag changes and whether that version is “stable” or not. Right now this has to be done manually

1 Like

This will help me out a ton and will come in very handy in my games. Thank you very much, I hope good work like this continues.

Can you please make it so we can see which user (TeamCreate) published each version? Would help prevent AA etc. Or solve it at least.

1 Like

If we could add commit notes/description that would make it even better. That way we could easily revert back to the version we want by reading the notes we put next to it.