[LIVE!] Place Version History in Studio

Happy birthday!

So does this mean old versions will never be deleted?

1 Like

Happy Birthday, @nsgriff! I hope you’re having a good one. :birthday::hugs:

2 Likes

Oh boy, does this mean I can go back to the original version that I created from the past? I’m excited to check some original stuff I made in the past in Roblox studio.

Also, I’m late for your birthday. Happy birthday to you, @nsgriff! :birthday:

1 Like

You’ve always been able to revert game versions, it’s just a more efficient updated way to do so. This gives you the ability to do it in studio, so you can see what version you’re reverting to.

1 Like

Yes! I think if Roblox wants to assume a greater development superpower like other engines (Unity, Unreal Engine) then it should allow us to give titles in a way that GitHub allows for commit titles:

Great update!

3 Likes

I would love to see something like viewing what was changed between versions, would help alot in finding the right version to revert too!

1 Like

This is awesome! No more having to spend 45 minutes trying to see which version history was the right one! It would be very nice to be able to name each version though.

Anyways, happy bithday @nsgriff!
index(1)

3 Likes

For Team Create, is it possible to see who published the place? Would be useful to me in a way.

Will there be a way to diff the different place versions?

What else you will put to beta this month. Happy birthday party horn sound effect:tada:

oomggggg yesss finally I needed this feature today, how ironic lol

Considering some of the dev’s around here have even been developing for more than a decade, it would be nice if they expanded on your suggestion and added a year sort and maybe even a month sort. If we could just select the month and year of the versions we’re trying to find, that’d be a lot better than scrolling forever or flipping pages.

2 Likes

It’d be nice if the version mentioned the name of your game when you published the version, or even the name of the file if you had it saved locally on your computer.

2 Likes

At that point, you may as well just use Git with Rojo.

1 Like

Good addon! By the way, happy birthday nsgriff!

This is a great update, but will there ever be more context given to the versions? Perhaps we could see who published the version, or even optionally write small notes with each save/publish?
Currently all we can really do is download multiple and search manually, or maintain a separate database with that info in it.

Will be very helpful, I needed this for a game I was working on, thanks!

Cool! Will be looking out for more updates on this. I like the idea of having a new way to rollback the version of your place.

This has to be one of my favourite features this year, I have a lot more but this one is just way beyond what I expected to drop this year!

Now I don’t have to open Safari to go to Roblox then configure games and blah blah…this is such a timing improvement! Now, all we need is to have it so permissions can be controlled when you have access to edit games! :slight_smile:

Either way, thank you to everyone who was apart of this! :purple_heart:

1 Like

i cannot load any version of the place

1 Like