Live Scripting Beta

Can you with it remove all variables with the same text as seen in the preview gif

And is the error in the script on the end of the gif fixed there one red indicator left a the end from the gif

3 Likes

bro whoever is in the gif (probably admin test accounts) created a lag bomb script that spawns parts at a faster rate than they get destroyed, with throttling :skull:

2 Likes

I could easily see this being used as an educational resource for classes that teach beginner level programming through roblox.

Otherwise, itā€™s likely more useful for smaller/younger developers who donā€™t quite have a grasp on or feel the need to use version control.

3 Likes

woah thanks so much roblox devs we finally got a good update :heart:

1 Like

I like this. Not useful to me as I usually work on my stuff alone though.
Would love to see an easy 3rd party code software support. Iā€™d love to be able to use VS Code as well.

Also instead of this setting being globally utilized in Workspace as a property, on release, please make it a local setting :pray:
Just like you change color theme for scripts, I want to be able to toggle that feature. So if I am in the script with the toggle off, it wonā€™t let anyone in.

3 Likes

Honestly it shouldnā€™t be available on services.
I literally only use this in specific plugins and when cloning a player character.

2 Likes

True statement.

ā€¦ to collaborate in the least productive way possible.

Assuming Iā€™m understanding this correctly, this will effectively undermine features that prevent footguns. If thatā€™s the case, bravoā€¦

1 Like

Thanks, I never knew! As @metatablecatmaid said, a lot of the plugin autocompletion (and even documentation) is pretty confusing and had me asking many questions.

Noticed the new release of the Assistant has allowed many of these questions to be answered.

1 Like

Yes, This will be very helpful for stuff like this. Agreed 100%

1 Like

Finally! Iā€™ve been waiting so long for this. Great update

4 Likes

I want some markers/models to be placed in studio without them replicating to the deployed server.

2 Likes

How about putting your models into ReplicatedStorage? Alternatively, I suggest starting another post/thread to discuss the Archivable property. This should be an unrelated topic to LiveScripting.

2 Likes

Wonderful update! Been waiting for this for years! :confetti_ball:

2 Likes

When using the live scripting feature, the script changes will continue to be local to the team create session (just like they are before the live scripting feature). Deployed servers will only get new source after you publish, and even then only servers started after the publish will reflect your changes. You should not need to start using Archivable to protect your deployed servers when using live scripting.

2 Likes

This is amazing! Amazing update!

2 Likes

bludā€™s coding so bad itā€™s straight up a lag nuke

3 Likes

Really cool but whatā€™s the point if itā€™s not compatible with drafts? Been looking forward to this and Iā€™m disappointed it doesnā€™t have any practical use. If you are working with teams, you use version control. If you arenā€™t working with teams, you canā€™t use this feature. Am I misunderstanding, is this intentional by design?

This is a really long overdue update. Thanks for finally doing this

2 Likes

Cool for multiple scripters to be able to work together. Nice work!

1 Like

This is interesting, though, why would someone use this over something like rojo?

4 Likes