Loading animation causing character to freak out/potentially go NaN/distort & stretch

Reproduction Steps

When I load the “Crawl” animation in Jailbreak:

badccCrawlAnimBug.rbxl (32.3 KB)
Here’s a place file with simple 3 line reproduction of loading animation. But it needs animation permission for my crawl animation – I assume engineers can override this.

Animation id: 685258011

Expected Behavior

Anim should not freak out/cause death/ripping apart of all of my limbs

Actual Behavior

Crazy stretching of avatar, clothing, etc.

Workaround

Stop playing animation fixes

Issue Area: Engine
Issue Type: Other
Impact: Very High
Frequency: Constantly

34 Likes

I have no reports of this occurring before 12:30 PM EST when the flag AnimationClipMemCacheEnabled was enabled. (But I am not certain this is the flag)

EDIT: Seems like flag was actually FFlagNewRuntimeReserveFixes

5 Likes

This is occurring for me too:

A clip of what is going on in other games:
https://gyazo.com/5ebab555239595a2a3fb371cda6c824c

FPS is dropping for every player and wall-clipping is occurring.

2 Likes

Can confirm I’m getting similar issues in my test game, very strange.

See this post:

why does it only affect some games?

1 Like

Seems to be an issue with r6 specifically.

My game is running on R15 and issue still occurs

Noticed that games without custom animations aren’t messed w as much
Games with default R6 animations are messed up

1 Like

This is affecting all animations (at least for the character), not just custom animations, and it is affecting both R6 and R15 character models.

I’d also like to address that the client has been crashing in some games around the same time that this had been happening, though I’m not sure whether it is or isn’t related to the issue.

1 Like

This bug has made my game completely unplayable, due to limbs colliding with random teleporter objects halfway across the map.

I’d suggest this be bumped up to critical status

Hey all, thank you for reporting this! Our engineers are actively investigating and we’ll follow up once this is resolved.

14 Likes

How come some games appear to be unaffected by it?

hi guys i make like money off of r6 games so please fix it :smile::+1:

Weird. I joined several games with the default animation and those were the only games that were affected.
Games with custom animations haven’t had this issue, I’ve even joined new servers.

Can confirm, players can’t even spawn in mine, character limbs distorts and goes NaN.

Yep something just broke with the code

Can confirm this is happening in my game as well, I was freaking out at first thinking it was some major exploit needing patched. However, no exposed remote events that would cause such a thing.

Thanks for posting this, saved me a headache.

Happening with me as well. Seems to be a Studio issue? Hopefully fixed quickly.

In games with AnimationWeightedBlendingFix set to Enabled or Default, numerous animations get glitched and broken, resulting in numerous physics issues, such as the character getting heavily displaced from their original position.

This is widespread in R6, at least with the default animations, while R15 seems to be less affected. Custom rigs have also been observed to be affected as well.

Until Roblox patches this, disable AnimationWeightedBlendingFix. It would also be good to make sure that this isn’t triggering anything in the anti-exploits of your games, as this could result in a lot of false positives.

It should also be noted that this has also resulted in the Roblox client crashing.

1 Like