Local Server doesn't open on macOS

When I am in Studio and I press “Start” for local servers with two players, the server window opens but the loading screen stays and nothing ever happens. This has been happening for weeks on end and has been tough to test things that require the server and client to be separate.

Here is what I get when launching a new server:

I’m experiencing the same problem. Sometimes the server loads but not all the clients load, other times the server just doesn’t load at all. There’s a small chance it runs fine if you keep starting a new test server.

Related? (test server connection bugs on Mac)

Yeah I think it’s the same issue, but I never even get a game window.

For a current work around the server failing to start you can do this:

If a client fails to start, you just have to close it and then open a new one by starting server with the Local Server option set to “None” and the number of players to how many clients you want to reload.

But I do agree this issue needs to be fixed, it happens way to often. I would say a server or client fails to load on every other use of test server.

My Studio often stops loading the test server at the popup, too. It loads if you retry one to three times, but even then there are the odds that any of the clients will fail to load so this bug is pretty annoying.

I’m experiencing the same issue as well on macOS

I can get a server started but can’t get more than 1 client going.

You and me both mate

This should be resolved after the next update. Please let me know if that does not resolve your issue.

1 Like

I can start test servers without any previous complications, thank you!

I know this is a little late but my issue with this hasn’t been resolved. I keep getting this error:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.