Localized Game Icons and Thumbnails

I’m sorry but what is the use of this? I just don’t get it.

You can localise any text, culture, etc. in your game’s icon automatically (according to the user’s selected language) to help bring in players from other areas of the world.

4 Likes

Since a lot of people here were asking about thumbnails, it appears localized game thumbnails have now been released! :smiley:

1 Like

Update: you can now localize your game thumbnails!! :smiley: Many of you asked about it and as some have already noticed (looking at you @UnderMyWheel), its officially live. Its a new content type under Game Information. Some notes:

• Localized thumbnails follow the same restrictions as source thumbnails in terms of image size, formats, and content
  • Images will be reviewed by moderators before going live
  • Thumbnail order is left to right, top to bottom

Can’t wait to release the next batch of improvements!

12 Likes

This is also coming soon. Stay tuned!!!

4 Likes

That’s something I requested months ago and I was told that in the future there won’t be any gender players will use, so there’s no point in making this as feature.

Wait? Gif? Can anyone explain this?

2 Likes

This is a pretty cool update, long overdue sadly but it’s great that it’s finally here. A long time ago I never saw anyone who didn’t speak English, and now that ROBLOX is so much more diverse in it’s culture we needed something like this. Definitely going to use this into my games.

3 Likes

(post deleted by author)

2 Likes

When will it be possible to localize messages sent via de notificationservice?

3 Likes

We’re looking into it but no defined ETA yet

2 Likes

I see we have now added Game Products to the Manage Translations pages.
Question:
How do we access this information in game? For example I would like to the get the description and Icon for a Game Pass relative to the players locale. I have not found any info on this.

MarketPlaceService:GetProductInfo(GamePassId, Enum.InfoType.GamePass) does not return any localization info. Am I missing something?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.