Logged out for some reason? | I don't know what to say anymore

Hello Developers and Roblox Admins!

I have a story… On 2022-04-19T05:00:00Z, I made a post about me being logged out, and I was unable to log back in, I made this post a few hours after this started happening, just to recap, I was unable to log in, and when I tried, It did one of 2 things, instantly popped up “You were logged out.” or put me on a page that said “Authorization timed out, or you have switched browsers. Please try again.”.

I was able to get it working again by removing cookies from roblox.com and devforum.roblox.com. So, it was fixed, right? well, this was just the beginning. Soon after (on the same day), I got logged out again, but this a different message, well, it popped up “You were logged out.”, but it behind the pop up, was a new message, that was the following:
again, I was able to fix it by removing my cookies, and re-logging in (yes, I have to re-login every single time). from then, untill 2022-07-20T05:00:00Z, everything was “fine”, other then being logged out about every other day.

On 2022-07-20T05:00:00Z, I was getting tired of having to re-login so often, so I want to go check what IP-Addresses have been in my account. If you don’t know, where it says “unknown” by your device, that is where the IP address is supposed to be, and I have found a way to see the IP-Addresses by looking in the source code to the website (post here). So while looking, I found a IP-Address that does not belong to be, so I contact support about it and they just wanted to know if my account is hacked, but, from what I know, it is not.

I keep my account very safe, I have 2-step verification, back-up email, back-up codes, a randomly made password, and a lot more. I have never shared my password with anyone, and to log in, you would have to have my phone. I have not seen any suspicious activity on my account. So, I do not think my account is hacked.

On 2022-07-26T05:00:00Z, can you guess, YES another thing starts happening, I made a post about it, and no one could replicate my problem. Basically, it all started when I pressed on the notifications button, I got logged out, and then I started noticing that it was happening to other buttons, for example: Summary, Activity, and Preferences (Basically all the main buttons). There was something different about this time, when I get logged out by going to pages, it just logs me out, I can still log back in. (Just to add on, I am also not able to use some of the apis, for example: I can not at people without getting logged out, I did not even have to post it, just typing it was enough, even when writing this I got logged for putting a at sign with a letter after it!)

On 2022-08-05T05:00:00Z (the day I am posting this), I got logged out again, so I decided I will try again, to find out what is going on. So, I decided to do some tests.

First, I am going to tell you the environment I am doing this tests in:

Computer: Windows 10, latest version as of 2022-08-05T05:00:00Z.

Browser 1 (this is the one where the problems are): Chrome Version 104.0.5112.81 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Browser 1 Account: Dan_foodz

Browser 2: Edge Version 103.0.1264.77 (Official build) (64-bit)
Browser 2 Account: Dan_foodzAlt

Everything is on it’s latest version.

Let’s talk cookies, after looking into it, Browser 1 is missing cookies that Browser 2 has.

Browser 1 cookies for roblox.com:

• RBXcb
  • RBXEventTrackerV2
  • RBXSessionTracker
  • GuestData
  • .ROBLOSECURITY
  • RBXSource

Browser 2 cookies for roblox.com:

• RBXcb
  • RBXSessionTracker
  • _vs
  • RBXSource
  • _gcl_au
  • RBXEventTrackerV2
  • .RBXID
  • .ROBLOSECURITY
  • gig_bo…
  • GuestData

So, the main one I am talking about is .RBXID, because it looks important.

Some more testing:

Account Dan_foodz on Browser 1: logout errors (we know this)
Account Dan_foodzAlt on Browser 2: works fine
Account Dan_foodz on Browser 1 in “Incognito tab”: logout errors, same as normal.
Account Dan_foodz on Browser 2 in " InPrivate browsing": works fine!

I don’t know if your seeing what I am seeing, if not, let me run it down. When I do Dan_foodz in Browser 1 (Chrome) or Browser 1 (Chrome “Incognito tab”), it fails. but in Browser 2 (Edge) and Browser 2 (Edge “InPrivate browsing”), works fine.

If you skipped down here because you did not want to read all of this, I get it, so basically, it is the cookies and the Chrome browser.

Why, I have no idea, but I think it is a bug with Roblox or Discourse.

A few more this (this is like Q&A):

Do I have any of the roblox cookies blocked: No, I have no cookies blocked for roblox.com, www.roblox.com and devforum.roblox.com.

Is it a chrome extension: No, I have disabled all of the extensions that could be doing something, but it still is happening.

How many time did you get logged out while writing this: 3 times…

Any more questions? Reply below to ask them!

2 Likes

Do you experience this issue in browsers other than Chrome / on any other devices?

1 Like

Any issues with Chrome in any other websites you have to log into?

1 Like

No, It is only happening inside of Chrome Version 104.0.5112.81 (Official Build) (64-bit) on my pc (it happens with older ones aswell), it does not happen on the model version of Chrome.

No, this only happens to devforum.roblox.com.