Looking for Feedback on FPS map and suggestions

FPS shooter map, started building yesterday and planning to finish later and sell hopefully tomorrow. Looking for feedback, open spaces are for buildings but i’m stretching my imagination trying to think of all the ideas, so i’m hopefully looking for some suggestions.

Bit of general information, simplistic fantasy based FPS map sized for around 7 - 12 per team.

[Q] - will this game for sale
[A] - Yes, when its finished.

looking to make this the best it can be and sell this to fund my little brothers adventures on roblox.

MAPHOTOS

MAPLINK

MAP - Roblox

All suggestions appreciated! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

It doesn’t really feel like an FPS map. It more feels like an RPG map or a rp game. FPS games are more doom and gloom type games and I think the map is a little to, childish? I would say. Or, to colorful/cartoony for a FPS game.

3 Likes

If the FPS game is cartoony and childish it would fit well. if it’s not then the map should be toned down as in the first reply. I personally like the idea of a cartoonish/simplistic style FPS and I’d hope to see whoever buys this use it for such an endeavor. Other than that it looks like it would fit well with a game similar to Urbis or Bloxburg in my opinion. Looks good nevertheless, good job!

5 Likes

Man.
Recently I have been seeing a lot of those trees on the dev forum. Is that some sort of free model or tutorial or something? Cool map by the way.

Seems a bit too small or maybe small isn’t the word.
I think its like the sight-lines being too open.
It would be a huge problem with a game like phantom forces but might not be much of a problem in a paintball style game.

I feel like a good FPS map has to have like a center point or like an elevated position to take control of.
I would recommend making the buildings a lot wider and a little bit taller and maybe connecting them to the crane so you can go inside the cargo container. Adding more cover would be good too.

:wink:

1 Like

No, i just made the tree once and started using them in most of my builds.

if game have pew pew game must have block to stay behind (pls add some cover options so you don’t get absoloutley destroyed by people with good aim)

1 Like

A good FPS map should have: smooth terrain for it’s terrain… hills… mountains… maybe custom lighting… forests… areas with water… etc…

Other than that… strucid has a “childish” style map like this… so I guess this is a good looking map for an FPS game… nonetheless :slight_smile: .

1 Like

Makes sense I guess. I don’t think it was you posting a different post with those exact trees.

This looks teally cool! i really like it!