Looking for some Feedback on this GFX

Hello everyone! I’ve just moved over to blender yesterday, and I completed this render/Edit Today! I was wondering If I could get some feedback on It, That would be fantastic!

9 Likes

Hey there! First off, I would like to say that this looks very nice. A suggestion I have is to pose the character in R15 rather than R6. This will make it have a more of a realistic feel to it. Also on the fallen stone to the left it seems like it has more sun on it where there shouldn’t be. There should only be one light source which in this case is the sun. Other than that I love it and I hope this feedback helped. Have a nice day :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’d say that this is a pretty good quality render. Nice job! However, there are some aspects I would like to point out:

The first thing I noticed was the slight gap between the character’s torso and the right leg. It’s not a huge deal, but it does catch my attention since the the area is lit up. Personally, I would avoid creating gaps like that while rigging, so try manipulating the leg in some way while you are posing the character.
Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 11.08.14 AM

Also, I think what would benefit your render even more is adding a Bump node to the character, since by the looks of it you are aiming for realism. I can’t tell if you’re already using one or not, since I see a little bit of definition in the character’s right hand, but I still suggest it the same.

In Blender 2.8, this is what the Node editor would look like if you use Bump. It essentially makes the clothing texture much more realistic and defined, which I think would be a good addition to your render.

5 Likes

Exactly what I was about to say. But is it me or does the fallen pillar look a little curved?

I think it looks fine, it might just be the pillar blending with the base that throws you off since the tones are very similar.

I actually would contest to this, the choice is yours. R6 is fine, hey, I use it and most of us Artist’s do. But I would rig it. I’ve been looking at your work keep it up.

2 Likes

I really like how the sky and sunlight is with the background. This GFX gets together really good!