Looking Forward in 2020: This Year's Developer Roadmap

Yeah, its in the Roadmap. You can try even try out the BETA version in the Avatar Evolution announcement topic.

1 Like

For me, the Voice chatNever!
It would be impossible to moderation to work with. It will make more issues to moderation and will be an offensive tool to players.

3 Likes

What about the countless games voice chat exists in already?
Is it because Roblox’s audience is too young? I think it goes without saying this feature would be gated to people 13+
Are there just not enough 13+ users to justify it?

6 Likes

Voice chat is sure a potential idea, but it could cause some problems like using “bad or offensive words” or annoying others with it, or even saying a personal info like password for example.

2 Likes

Perhaps they could make it for like 15+ aged people.

3 Likes

Probably, and they should mute it for the <15.

2 Likes

True, and it will very bad if Roblox release it earlier due to bugs and issues.
The more time it takes before the release, the more bugs and issues will be fixed and found by the testers. So hope you guys be patient and hope its gonna be Great, Stay safe all.

1 Like

@nsgriff what does Faster CSG mean? Less RAM ussage? faster loading speed? both? I have issues with not enough RAM and also 1-3 hours loading time. I hope it solves both.

1 Like

I think it just means that union operations are faster to compute.

1 Like

It’s already May and only 1 feature came out tho :confused:

7 Likes

I truly believe this is the best roadmap I have ever seen since I started Roblox. The 3rd Quarter is looking very attractive to me. I simply can’t wait to see these in BETA. Amazing work Roblox Team :+1:

3 Likes

I like the majority of this but…

facial animations?

I shudder at the thought…

1 Like

Mind elaborating on the terrain LoD changes? will we finally be able to control the LoD? It’s a quite common complaint that the lod distance is way too low and distant mountains, or complex features cannot be rendered properly.

3 Likes

I personally think this is amazing, what’s wrong with it?

3 Likes

Well I think it’s just creepy. But, It’ll most likely get used to pretty quickly. I imagine it’ll have the same reaction we did with Rthro. People hated Rthro and now we’ve settled in and made use of it. I imagine that this will do the same.

I mean, I hate it right now but I don’t know in the future.

(may be good for trolling)

1 Like

I know right. They are so slow at releasing updates, my god did they even release anything in April? I don’t even know.

2 Likes

There’s a summary of what was released here

5 Likes

I hope it’s all because of the virus as in this situation it’s pretty understandable, however I hope that once it gets better updates keep getting released faster.

But we want actual platform changes like (New features and stuff for studio/client) not the website, we want to see more new stuff in the engine itself (Don’t know if that makes any sense or not) But stuff like DOF, Procedural skies (When that comes out) not like new remade website pages yes a lot of people want to see that too, but the client is what your on most the time.

6 Likes

Wow, as always amazing things coming to developers on Roblox. I hope facial animations aren’t forced on devs.

oops - looks like i replied to the wrong person