I’m GuestCapone, I joined Roblox in 2011 on my first ROBLOX account MOUSECREED before switching to GuestCapone in 2013. Most of you will know me as “that mafia builder guy” who’s made some mid 1900’s era places and a few bars on Roblox, one of which is currently on display at the RBXDev office place. Or will have known me as some Fallout builder, or have seen some of my creations on my Twitter. Besides being a builder and a modeler, I’m also a bit of lowkey programmer. I’ve posted many little WIPs here and there of various scripting projects in https://devforum.roblox.com/t/what-are-you-working-on-currently-2016/19325. And I’m currently 3D modeler contractor for The Blox Guys and have worked alongside LeitrisArcade, Tradesmark, Novaulis, Explode1 and YellowTide during my employment with the company.
I’m looking to hire a coder to work alongside me on a personal project that I’ve been wanting to make for a while. The project itself is a remake of an old arcade game series called Time Crisis, which is a first person rail shooter game about popping up from behind cover, shooting bad guys and ducking back behind cover to reload / take cover from oncoming fire. My project is pretty much just that too, only modernized. I’m looking for a coder to help me out on the back end of the game, specifically with setting up an easy to use framework for creating, editing and following “rail” part of the rail shooter. (For clarification: The “rail” is not a physical rail but a path using a series of coordinates to create the “rail”.) and a few other areas.
- Ability to maintain a professional stance. (In short, no memes, no swearing, no inappropriate jokes. Keep it clean and professional.)
- Ability to set and meet deadlines in a reasonable amount of time. (I’m a nice person, if you have a valid reason why you are unable to meet a deadline, please do say it and we will adjust as needed.)
- You must be a residence of the United States (Legal reasons)
- You must be 15 years old or older.
- You must be able to keep secrets, and must be able to sign a law binding legal document or have a legal guardian sign for you.
- You must be experienced in Roblox Lua, as well as have examples of previous works you have done.
- You must be willing to communicate often and regularly as well as give updates on progress.
- You must have a Discord account.
First of all, it is important to note that this project is being made for entertainment purposes only, not monetary. Payment will be in USD only, the exact amount will be discussed in private.
If you have any questions, do feel free to reply down below with them, or contact me here on the DevForums or on Discord and I will answer them.