Low poly & cartoony terrain

I made this terrain with meshes, how does it look?

27 Likes

Look good, but maybe make more lighter?

3 Likes

I changed the pictures it’s brighter now

1 Like

I like it. Maybe use some of the rounded square meshes as bubbles on the waterfall? And the cylinder tree doesn’t fit in my opinion. It will be better if you remove it. Nice terrain!

2 Likes

wow it looks great! it looks like it would be used in something like a tower game (tower heroes for example)

2 Likes

I like this because it is unique in someway that is just appealing!

3 Likes

Change the colors too be more colorful and lighter. good job!

3 Likes

I really like it! On the side it looks like one of the meshes is a bit shorter than the others if that makes sense.

5 Likes

It’s actually brighter than it looks, I used a color correction so there was more contrast.

1 Like

It looks very plain and weird use of lowpoly style, it barely has any detail in it, I’d suggest putting some flowers, grass, a bench somewhere, pebbles

2 Likes

i don’t really like the color of the trees

You should use variety of mesh parts rather then making objects that are repetitive, perhaps include different shapes and vibrant colors of terrain so it could look appealing to the eye. I’m curious your going for something that’s simplistic.

To me the terrain looks pretty empty I think to help give your terrain more life and depth is to add some plants and other vegetation you could add the extra details to it. In the following picture, it’s quite a decent look but the colors are washed out and full looking I believe it won’t hurt to add different details to it instead of trees you could try adding common items grass, flowers, mushrooms, logs, sticks, and more.

2 Likes

Look overall solid, but maybe tinker with the lighting and change the cylinder tree it doesn’t fit well.

1 Like

Good luck man, I see you’re doing pretty good. I have no doubt you’ll do even better when you get over the few mistakes you’ve made. Even if you seem to give up in the moment I have no doubt you’ll rise up like the phoenix’s that the human race is.

2 Likes

I love it! Great work! I like the texture. How do you do that texture?

If you’re talking about the material / texture, then I think it’s smooth plastic since a lot of low poly / cartoony builds tend to use smooth plastic a lot.

1 Like

It’s pretty good most people I see are complaining about the brightness of colors when all it takes is a bit of color correction and brightness to fix the issue. Nothing about this looks repetitive as far as I see it the terrain us using variety of shapes to make up for it unique style and makes it extremely clean/sharp to look at. Something else you could add a few more variations of plants other than that keep doing what you’re doing.

Also you can go to lighting>Technology> and turn of the future setting. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like