Lower backpack gui when health is hidden

Lower backpack gui a few pixels when health is hidden (to save room)

I’d like that gap to be filled please

What if I want to hide ROBLOX’s health GUI and make my own in the same place? The backpack would be in the way.

True. So really my suggestion should be replaced with “ability to move healthgui and backpackgui around” (because they are not as important to be in the same spots like menu is)

With the release of our new backpack today, you can do this!
Check out SetCoreGuiEnabled()

Try this line:

game.StarterGui:SetCoreGuiEnabled(Enum.CoreGuiType.Health, false)

This will turn off the Health GUI and the new Backpack GUI will move down to be flush with the bottom of the screen!

[quote] With the release of our new backpack today, you can do this!
Check out SetCoreGuiEnabled()

Try this line:

game.StarterGui:SetCoreGuiEnabled(Enum.CoreGuiType.Health, false)

This will turn off the Health GUI and the new Backpack GUI will move down to be flush with the bottom of the screen! [/quote]

But what do I do if I want to keep that space open so I can substitute it with my own custom coded one?

As long as you don’t flip that toggle, the Backpack won’t slide down!
(So if you just want to substitute your own there, you can simply hide/remove the official one, and place your own in that spot)

Toshir0z is talking about custom health guis like in apocalypse rising:

Health gui off (and replaced with a custom one in the same spot)
Backpack gui on

Can’t put a health gui in the same spot without flippin that switch. Unless we can just move (not invisify) the original health gui somehow?

What if we could position CoreGui’s

Or have an argument or method which shifts down the backpack?

It would be detrimental to less experienced players if core GUIs changed position from game to game.

Several games already change the position of the health and toolbox, and they are very successful at attracting players. The ability to change the position of core GUIs will be used in benefit of new players by allowing developers to incorporate better designs.

For active discussion on GUI placement please see this thread.

We are game developers, no? Yes it may be odd, but it’s also odd seeing a bunch of games with the same interface. If we are allowed to remove the CoreGUI, then we may as well be allowed to move it. I mean, if we’re going to remove it, chances are our GUI isn’t going to be any less detrimental to the less experienced players. It’s like buying a new game. You just adjust to it. Kids aren’t that stupid. If a button says “Leave” in the top left corner in one game, and another game has it in the top right corner, they’ll still see it. I think they won’t question its functionality just because of a position change.

[quote] It would be detrimental to less experienced players if core GUIs changed position from game to game.

We are game developers, no? I mean, yes it may be odd, but it’s also odd seeing a bunch of games with the same interface. If we are allowed to remove the CoreGUI, then we may as well be allowed to move it. I mean, if we’re going to remove it, chances are our GUI isn’t going to be any less detrimental to the less experienced players. It’s like buying a new game. You just adjust to it. Kids aren’t that stupid. If a button says “Leave” in the top left corner in one game, and another game has it in the top right corner, they’ll still see it. I think they won’t question its functionality just because of a position change.[/quote]

A billion Thankyous

[quote]

We are game developers, no? Yes it may be odd, but it’s also odd seeing a bunch of games with the same interface. If we are allowed to remove the CoreGUI, then we may as well be allowed to move it. I mean, if we’re going to remove it, chances are our GUI isn’t going to be any less detrimental to the less experienced players. It’s like buying a new game. You just adjust to it. Kids aren’t that stupid. If a button says “Leave” in the top left corner in one game, and another game has it in the top right corner, they’ll still see it. I think they won’t question its functionality just because of a position change. [/quote]

The escape menu shouldn’t be allowed to be edited, even if they do eventually allow people to change the other core GUI’s. Positioning that off-screen would be super confusing for a lot of robloxians, I’m sure.