Lucidly | Upcoming 3D Platformer

Hello everyone, I’m currently working on a solo project by the name of Lucidly! This is just a fun little project, where the user can do anything they want basically! (After all, they are lucidly dreaming.)

The whole point of this project is to show what it would be like to lucid dream. This game is going to be a (mostly) open world 3D Platformer, with some characteristics of MMO/RPG’s.

Also; Everything in this post, images, ideas, etc, could be subject to change at any point and nothings final!

This post is to be a DevLog of the game, and where you can express your thoughts on the project. Development on this started a few months back, and, I am willing to do play tests when I can before the Pre-Alpha of the game. A release date for this project has not been set, but most likely next year sometime.

If you’d like to become a developer for this, since I am currently working on it solo, you can apply here.
If you’d like to keep updated on this project, we have our own Discord server!

I’ve also expanded this to Guilded! Heres the link: Guilded - Chat for Gaming Communities

Other Links

Trello - Trello
Game - ​​3D Platformer - Roblox
More coming soon!

Resources

3D Platformer Kit
[Release] Platformer character controller

Feel free to leave some ideas and suggestions below!

8 Likes

​(29) 3D Platformer Movement Test - YouTube

Some small updates to EgoMooses movement engine, I made the animations work. I’m going to set up some more blocks and things and set the game to public, so you can test out the game mechanics while its in development!

Here’s a link to the game if anyone is interested in testing the movement for themselves while I build the actual game:

​​3D Platformer - Roblox

Heres our first Talent Hub job post!! If you’re interested in applying, the requirements and other information are here!!!

Nice job.

Oops! I’ll work on fixing that! For now, refer to the Talent Hub post. Sorry about that!

The form has been closed, all other applicants will be referred to the Talent Hub listing.

Talent Hub post

It’s not original. It’s basically just sonic but worse.

May I ask what you’re talking about?

It’s the same idea. You jump on different platforms, and the jumping animation is the same.

So, that was just a small portion of the movement. And it came from a kit designed by @EgoMoose

I plan on adding in more to it in the future, however I haven’t gotten there yet. I plan on doing much more with the game than just jumping on platforms, I plan on making it a 3D Platformer, that is open world with actual objectives and such. (but i’m not trying to make an RPG)

Since the player is able to do anything maybe make the map kind of detailed with stuff you can interact with. Ex: Litter on the ground you can pick up. Just any small things that you add that will make the players amazed at how detailed the game is.

1 Like

Love this idea! Definitely will take into considerations the amount of detail!

2 Likes

I forgot to read the requirements, please ignore my message!

1 Like

That’s fine! I will keep you in mind for the future if I need you, and we may expand to Guilded in the future as well.

Anyways,

Development

I’m currently working on some tracks and music for the game, and I will share them once I finish a few of them. No ETA on them currently!

2 Likes

Btw i look forward to the game being finished if you could let me know thanks.

1 Like

Yup! I suggest book-marking this post as I will be posting and announcing things as development continues. Feel free to join one of the servers I have set up. (Discord, Guilded) for other information on the game!

project has been postponed temporarily

2 Likes

discord account disabled again some bozo took my phone number again

but ok, what reason for postpone?

1 Like

Lack of team motivation, funding, and multiple other ideas. May start this project up again, soon, if someone would be willing to invest time and money into it.