LuckiestGuy font is changing in-Game

Hey Developers,
My problem is more like a bug, I also tried disabling all my plugins and stuff but it happens again.
My problem is that (multiple) TextLabels in Workspace located in (multiple) Parts, which have the Font “LuckiestGuy” are kind of broken. The text LuckiestGuy turns into another font when I join in Studio. The strange thing is that the Font is the “LuckiestGuy” Font. Now when I change the Font and then back to LuckiestGuy it changes back to the LuckiestGuy font, but when I test the game it changes back to the old one. Here are some proofs:

The font is LuckiestGuy but as shown in image it isn’t the selected font :confused:
also when I duplicate the Part this happens:

Any help would be appreciated!!

4 Likes

Also when Im deleting the Part this happens :/:

I Don’t know why but I tried out this Code:

for i,v in pairs(game.Workspace:GetDescendants()) do
	if v.Name == "Welcome Sign" or v.Name == "Sign" and v:IsA("Part") then
		v.SurfaceGui.TextLabel.RichText = false
	end
end

and that fixed the Error. When I changed like the Text Size of the TextLabel it changed back to the original font but when I joined studio it changed back, somehow only this worked. I won’t mark this as a solution because I really want to know what could be a possible Reason for this strange behavior of these Text Labels…

RichText changes the text behavior, which would most likely be the reasoning behind this fixing it.

You could really just change the property on the TextLabel, but this works too! (You’ll just have to manually update the list accordingly.

2 Likes

Is there an a reason why the text randomly changed to another font, while the text font text was still „luckiestguy“?
Also thank you for your reply!

Quite possibly this was a glitch, but I can’t say that with confidence…

1 Like

I also have been having this same issue with the Luckiest Guy font and as far as I can tell, the bug is on Roblox’s end. I recently had the issue forwarded to dev relations, so hopefully they can get it sorted out.

2 Likes

Somehow i cannot post Topics on the Bug Report, maybe someone else will do it!

this seems to be happening with most fonts, a lot of text objects in my game use the Ubuntu font

heres what it looked like originally:

and heres what it looks like now:

(apologies if discord image urls arent allowed)

i originally thought this issue was exclusive to the Ubuntu font but im running into the same issues after switching fonts again
from what ive seen, this only seems to affect bold text using rich text (not a bold font, like source sans bold)

3 Likes

Been randomly having the same issue with my game too! My game’s textlabels will suddenly change from the “FredokaOne” font into another more basic font (like the one OP posted).

It only seems to happen every 1 in 10 test sessions. Perhaps the font didn’t have time enough to load in, so it’s resorting to a default font? This has only started happening in the past 1 or 2 weeks.

How it’s supposed to look

How it’s not supposed to look

2 Likes

I will send a message to the Bug Reports Channel!

I also have some fonts that are doing the same thing ! THX i finally find people talking about it… It started for me i think today im not quite sure… But Special Elite is also broken… So now we can only wait until Roblox fix those bugs… (if they are gonna do it)… :>

I sent a Bug Report to the @Bug-Support Report. Hope they will notice this.

1 Like

The issue appears to be with how rich text loads. For the time being, if the text element doesn’t rely on rich text but has it enabled I would disable it. If you do need rich text though, you could try to explicitly define the font of the text in the rich text data instead on just selecting it in the properties.

Edit.
Seems to be an issue with the rich text data occasionally loading after the properties, hence the font in the text elements properties being overwritten. This would explain why resetting the font would fix it and why the font shows correctly when it appears as a default font.

I don’t have concrete proof, so take this all with a grain of salt.

3 Likes

Well… it seems it still not fixed…

4 Likes

Any update with this? Still happening for me, and reloading studio also resets font (I have to manually edit the text property to get it to update or change the font and back)

The bug got fixed I think…
if it still happens for you i suggest you making a new bug report

1 Like

Even after a developer said it was “”“fixed”"" in another topic with the same issue, the problem still exists.
https://gyazo.com/a40fea7c2303d32c8432cb3e03e49df6
Rich text in my game is in shambles. I use Roboto & Denk One for my fonts, and 9 times out of 10 they will render as Source Sans both INGAME and IN STUDIO.
Another example of this problem [The ??? on the opposite side of the damage/Health bonus/Pickaxe power are meant to be in Denk One.]

https://gyazo.com/e5f8f015813833d5adcf6e3f4729646d
I can force it back into the correct font by deleting it and then undoing the delete. But this is only temporary, just like the very useful script editor folds.

This bug has existed for almost a whole year without being touched, so I’m hoping this will finally get fixed sometime soon (hopefully in the next studio build).

1 Like