Rich Text using incorrect font on runtime

Hello, when I press play, an incorrect font is displayed on some TextLabels using rich font.

In this video, you can see the font is meant to be FredokaOne on both texts

It works when the UI is set to visible as shown here at the start of runtime

rich text bug.rbxl

It started happening within 24 hours of making this post and issue is still occurring (see repro file). Both in roblox studio (during play) and roblox player. Every player sees the incorrect font

18 Likes

Thanks for the report, I’m looking into this.

6 Likes

The bold tag is also not working properly.

2 Likes

Came here to confirm this is happening to my game as well

This is not only happening at run time, but also in studio. For some of these (the ones currently displayed as Bangers) I swapped fonts out and changed back to Bangers, but on runtime, the same glitch persists.

4 Likes

This is happening to my game too. It’s not visible on Studio, but appears upon joining in-game. I have scripts that change the text of the buttons when pressed and that is when it reverts back to its desired text. This seems to only happen to objects using RichText.

2 Likes

This has been happening to me for a few days:

All the fonts as Oswald here, with the colorful text having RichText and the black background text not having RichText

If these labels’ text changes(I just joined the server), the issue will fix itself.

1 Like

This has also been happening to me, but for the past couple weeks. I’ve been having the same issue as described above throughout the game (in Studio and live servers), but in addition font faces have not been rendering properly:

Full .Text property = <font face="SourceSansBold" color="#AF00FF"><i>FEATHERWEIGHT</i></font> AKM

1 Like

Also happening to me where I’m using a bold effect on Ubuntu font, yet it turns into Source Sans on random occasions both in-game and in Studio.

Turning RichText off and on again in Studio resolves the issue temporarily, but still appears as broken the next time you open the place in Studio or visit in-game.

Hopefully this issue is solved soon, as it is very irritating to deal with and ruins the look that I wish to achieve.

Expectation:

Reality:

1 Like

I can confirm that this is also happening to me, and it’s been happening for a few weeks now. It happens with TextLabels which are descendants of either SurfaceGuis or ScreenGuis but I’m not sure if it happens when a TextLabel is a descendant of BillboardGuis.

Here is proof of it happening:

• The font is changed to ‘SourceSans’ even though the actual Font is ‘FredokaOne’.
  • This only happens when RichText is enabled.
  • After setting the Font back to ‘FredokaOne’, the bug fixes in studio but remains in game servers.
2 Likes

I can confirm that this bug occurs. TextLabels with RichText enabled sometimes appear in the SourceSans font. Simply having RichText enabled allows for the bug to occur, even if you do not actually make use of RichText in the text content. This bug does not seem to occur consistently but is random. Here are various examples, each having provided the properties showing RichText is enabled, the intended look, and the actual look.

Example 1:

Example 2:

Example 3:

Example 4:

Hoping this bug can be fixed soon.

2 Likes

Sorry for the delay on this, everyone. I have a fix merged now but it won’t be deployed and go live for a couple more weeks. Most of the examples listed here should be fixed with that change. There’s a couple others that won’t be, and we’re looking into fixing those still.

If you’re blocked by this, I’d suggest using one of the workarounds listed in the thread.

9 Likes

This hasn’t yet been fixed but I found a quick workaround until the fix is deployed.

-- FORCES RICH TEXT FROM WITHIN THE GAME
local Parent = script.Parent

for _, ui in pairs(Parent:GetDescendants()) do
	if ui:IsA("TextLabel") and ui.RichText == true then
		ui.RichText = false
		ui.RichText = true
	end
end

Just put this code in a LocalScript within a Frame or something that has TextLabels.

1 Like

I enabled a fix earlier today, should help with a lot of these. The remaining ones will need another fix.

5 Likes