Mac can't play the project in studio

Whenever I press “play” in studio it gets stuck on my mac and I can’t even stop the process. This happens in any project, and has been happening for a couple weeks now. Everything that I can show is in the video including the laptop specs.

5 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ll investigate and get back to you.

1 Like

Hi @iTheBetaDev,

Which Beta Features do you have turned on? If you have it on, can you please try without “FasterPlay Solo” and see if makes a difference?

Thank you!

1 Like

Also, can you do a repro then exit studio and get a log file? Have you recently installed any plugins? Can you repro on a baseplate instance? (Logs from that would be good as well),

1 Like

Even though all Beta Features are turned off, the problem persists

1 Like

0.616.0.6160659_20240319T174414Z_Studio_ff130_last.log (271.8 KB)

1 Like

Based on this log, at least the NewDocking beta is still on (or maybe this was from another run before you turned it off.). To be sure, you can delete the logs in that folder, then start studio by itself, repro, then fully exit studio before sending the log. You can also DM directly to me.

Also, have you tried reproing this on Baseplate? Just trying to see if this is reacting specifically to your place or something else.

Also, can you let us know what plugins you’re using?

1 Like

The video and logs came from me, @iTheBetaDev helped me to post the issue. I have tried these steps to troubleshoot the issue;

• Rebooting device
  • Testing on other places (includes BasePlate)
  • Reinstalling Studio
  • Testing on other Roblox Accounts
  • Disabling all beta features
  • Uninstalling all plugins
  • Installing Studio on another Mac user
  • Testing on the Local Server

None of them worked.

The only thing that allows me to run studio client is Team Test.

Log file after testing on empty place:
0.617.0.6170654_20240324T184120Z_Studio_831a1_last.log (402.3 KB)

You can investigate after this line:
2024-03-24T18:43:03.912Z,103.912651,1adb0600,6,Info [FLog::RobloxIDEDoc] RobloxIDEDoc::loadPlayDataModel - start

1 Like

Thanks for the details!

I think the issue is specific to the machine, and these lines here in the log are concerning:

2024-03-24T18:43:07.194Z,107.194283,b3f6000,6 [FLog::Output] Connecting to 127.0.0.1:61843
2024-03-24T18:43:07.204Z,107.204582,da3a000,7 [FLog::Network] Socket send OpenRequest1 failed. Tried to connect to 127.0.0.1, Can’t assign requested address

If we can’t connect to the server, then the play operation can’t continue.

Given all the variables you’ve eliminated, this seems like the most likely culprit. On the machine, please check any firewall settings, parental controls, etc that can be in place. This is a pretty odd one because i’m not sure what would restrict that. On some machines “localhost” might be a problem, but we’re connecting to 127.0.0.1 specifically so not sure. You said Team Test is the only viable option, which makes sense as its a remote server, and obviously you have no problem connecting to the general outside world. I can ping some networking folks on this for hints, but not sure what they can offer since for sure this is machine specific.

Do you have anything else that might connect to local host? is that working ok? Rojo does this, not sure if you’ve ever used that.

2 Likes

It seems like Roblox successfully claims the port but I do not know what to do after being sure of it.

1 Like

Also
Ekran Resmi 2024-03-28 10.30.21
Ekran Resmi 2024-03-28 10.31.01

Pinging the port works on the localhost hostname but interestingly, it does not work on 127.0.0.1 hostname

1 Like

It looks like my machine refuses to connect anything on 127.0.0.1 but it accepts localhost

Interesting. Is your machine configured IPv6 only? Anything special on your machine HW wise? No extra nics? Firewalls? VPNs? Can you DM me results for a ‘netstat -i’, ‘netstat -r’, and ‘cat /etc/hosts’? I’ve seen this go the other way with localhost resolving incorrectly (or not htitting the right NIC), but oddly enough not this way.

To wrap up, the issue lies with the configuration on the machine. This would go for both mac and windows, but if you have a network configuration where 127.0.0.1 does not route back to the primary network interface, then local play is going to be interrupted. There could be a number of reasons on this that are outside the scope of the support we can offer, but in general you have to have local loopback routing from 127.0.0.1 for any of this to work.

1 Like

The issue was on the Zerotier program, after running its uninstaller it deletes all routes belonging to it. And then running sudo ifconfig lo0 127.0.0.1 up, everything turned back to normal.
Ekran Resmi 2024-03-29 19.06.16
Ekran Resmi 2024-03-29 19.06.43

Thank you @butterthebig

1 Like

Hey, great news. @iTheBetaDev can you mark the solution here?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.