Major Issue with Roblox performance and frame rate

Do the same as in vid but now click another kay while you moving and you see FPS will increase. I hope roblox fix this quick.

3 Likes

Just got on to try what you suggested.
I did the same thing as you said, on the same baseplate. But, unfortunately same thing still happens like the videos from earlier.

microprofile-20240614-142751.html (1.4 MB)

Really weird. I suppose the same would happen even if I was firstperson.

3 Likes

While you moving click another key too. I noted my post meanwhile realized not only shift but any other key. And u not even need to move. Use any key and rotate camera this issue will happen too.

3 Likes

Edit:
Oh wow, you’re absolutely right.
Not only does this happen while pressing any key EXCEPT arrow keys for some reason, this also happens when using mouse (clicking m1/m2/etc.).

1. Moving with arrow keys:
    (This was before trying out the other methods, so I didn’t make a microprofile dump for it)

2. Moving and pressing G H and J keys:

(Microprofiler dump ended up being too large to upload… Oops. I’ll send as a compressed ZIP file if that’s fine.)
    microprofile-20240614-160407.zip (2.4 MB)

3. Moving camera while holding M key the entire time:

microprofile-20240614-160720.html (5.3 MB)

Very, very strange why would this happen. If you look closely as well, you can also notice that, regardless of any doings, Roblox’s performance spikes in a repeated manner, making inconsistent FPS drops from doing nothing.
Once again, I should mention that this performance drop only started happening for me around the release of the Framerate Cap update. Then after the latest update from yesterday, this started happening.

3 Likes

I noticed a sudden drop in PC framerate starting on 6/12. I didn’t change anything – so it has to be on Roblox’s side

2 Likes

I just wanted to mention that it seems like the lastest update both on the Roblox Player and Roblox Studio (v0.629) has issues with DepthPass of terrain grass at higher graphic quality settings (8+) causing my fps to drop from well above 60 to ~40. Normally depth pass only takes around 3ms but this causes it to take 15ms.

I know for sure that grass is the cause of this as disabling terrain decoration (grass) completly removes this effect. I wanted to know if anyone else is also experiencing this as I have not found a single report or mention of this anywhere.

1 Like

It appears the issues have started to happen around the 12th.
My PC has been affected as well, going from 73FPS to 15-35, which is a very devastating hit.

Not only did the FPS get a hit, it appears that they got unstable too.

4 Likes

I can confirm this is happening. A machine I own and use as a “worst case scenario” when testing performance suddenly cant get over 40fps in a bare minimum game and has spikes down to 15 fps. My main laptop suddenly has similar issues (without the spikes, thats from the horrid hardware in the other machine) but achieves a very high framerate in studio.

7 Likes

Been having an issue with lower FPS and increased client memory usage for Computers in Fabled Legacy as well.

6 Likes

This problem is still happening unfortunately. (Holding any keys in the keyboard.)
I’ve tried completely reinstalling Roblox right now, with a somewhat good outcome. It doesn’t “feel” as laggy anymore, but the issue regarding this is still there.
Any updates to this would be really helpful…

Update/edit to this post: Nevermind… Most servers are still hardcapping my fps to 30.

Really? I’ve been lagging for a while still, getting annoying, but I feel like its gotten a little better

Yeah unfortunately. Like how I said, the lag issue at least sort of “feels” a bit better than before. It’s not as bothersome, but it is clearly still there.
After a bit of playing around, related to the post I replied to on that, it seems like the issue regarding the fps going down when holding any key fixes itself for the moment whenever I press shift to enable shiftlock.

Seen on the video below.

Though… It’s only better for the time I keep holding the same keys after having pressed shift. If I try to do it again, FPS goes down again until I press shift again.

1 Like

Hi there,

With 630, we’ve made some changes on our end to improve frame times. This should help recover FPS. Please let me know if you’ve noticed increases there.

As for the keyboard related issue some folks are reporting, we’re still investigating that.

Thank you for your patience.

10 Likes

a 200+ fps increase for me (originally had around 300)

edit: make that 300+ increase

3 Likes

glad they are trying to fix the issues with keyboard input

2 Likes

oh my god thank you, do I have to reinstall or anything I haven’t seen an update to my client yet

1 Like

Unfortunately, I haven’t noticed any increase in frame rates and the issue is still intact.

9 Likes

no effect, ive noticed the second another player joins your server if you were alone your fps drops around more than half

7 Likes

It’s even worse. Two weeks ago my game at start was using less than 1 GB on client now at join using 1400-1600. And after 1 h play its around 2000MB. Obviously it will not affect high end PCs but roblox targeting mobiles doesn’t it? So devs fight about everything to run theirt games on mobiels then roblox releasing update to increase 500MB RAM usage enjoy… And they not even inform anyone.

5 Likes

Is this happening in the latest Roblox client update? (v0.631.1)

1 Like