Major Issue with Roblox performance and frame rate

Looks like Roblox reduced ram usage today.

4 Likes

This is now happening to me aswell and I donā€™t know what to do - I went from 244FPS to 25FPS in EVERY game and cannot even play Roblox now. Roblox studio for some reason, still works completely fine?

6 Likes

Yes, it still does for me and probably for others too.

6 Likes

this did not improve anything for me at all

5 Likes

Still having rather low framesā€¦ Itā€™s really unfortunate that my phone, somehow, performs much better compared to my laptop.
Both random usage/lag spikes and the keyboard + camera moving bugā€¦

7 Likes

this issue is still here and its still horrible

5 Likes

Oh my god, same problem, I have complained about it multiple times but these failures flagged my messages as SPAM

2 Likes

FPS numbers decrease as roblox employees push more updates

2 Likes

Iā€™m being lied on. My game runs like garbage. I canā€™t play roblox at all

2 Likes

I am getting major CPU spikes on a lot of games since 2-3 days ago even on graphics quality level 1, causing huge frame drops. The GPU usage is normal and there arenā€™t any GPU spikes. The CPU spikes probably started since the Roblox FPS unlocker feature got released but they got much worse recently. Games are now unplayable, they were kinda playable before.

3 Likes

Ive noticed that when you launch using your browser it becomes a sub process of the browser used to launch, I thought this was what caused the issue, (btw this issue was supposed to be fixed in 2022 but its still here) but when I launched the normal menu version of roblox, like without launching through my browser, there is maybe a slight fps increase, making it somewhat playable with fps being around 40-60 still horrible, Now you can say ā€œOh this is normal!ā€ but keep in mind im only getting this because im playing at graphic level 1, Its worse when I play at settings that I expect my PC to handle. Still has very bad CPU spikes and little to no GPU usage at all. I only use roblox to make games, and play a handful of combat games, In combat games having your FPS drop like that makes it almost unplayable, I will have no use for even touching roblox until this is fixed.

3 Likes

This problem does not apply to Firefox users, only chromium (chrome, etc) users

1 Like

After you writing about browser i started random game from chrome. And saw 300MB less memory usage then I would run it in launcher.
Cuz looks like launcher is meh. Anyway need to turn it off because not releasing memory after past game. And if u start launcher it will use around 700MB , next u open sth like dusty trip and turn off it and launcher shows 1100 MB ram usage. Magic. So now I think is just better tu run the game from website.
What about spikes. I think it is caused by amount of players on server. In my game i can cleary see difference between 1 player and 15. But i remember month ago my device could easy handle 25 players.

1 Like

Closing the app, not turning it off

1 Like

still dealing with this very annoying, low resource usage still low fps, no attempt at this being fixed so far

1 Like