Make a visible filtering system

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to see the filtering options, I didn’t know that they existed until a friend pointed it out to me. It’s the icon next to the title as seen here:

But regarding that, because it isn’t clear, many developers are not going to know it’s a filtering option. Because of that, I’d like the filtering set up similar to how the catalog has it. It’s a side bar that is visibly there when you view the jobs/creators page.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because it’ll make filters a lot more visible because many developers like myself don’t realize that the little icon is for filtering (I thought it was for decoration)

12 Likes

not to be that person but its kinda obvious. This just seems like a stupid addition in general.

Yeah, three gradually shrinking lines has always meant filter. Example from the native Mail app on Apple:

2 Likes

While I disagree that it’s hard to find (a simple hover over it will highlight it like a button, and it’s hard to not miss it when moving the cursor around), I can somewhat agree that it isn’t as intuitive as it should be (it doesn’t have a circle/box around it to show it’s meant to be a button, like most places with filter menus do, and the placement of it next to the title makes it just look like its a neat icon for aesthetic purpose)

Personally, I’d want the filter options on the side and always open, similar to the Roblox catalog/library having all the filters sitting there, but that’s just me.

2 Likes

If it were obvious, i wouldn’t have made this suggestion. It’s not a stupid addition to have better accessibility, I didn’t even know about this icon until someone pointed it out.

It’s not something that’s common, hence why I made this suggestion. It’s nice that the filtering is there, but it’s not really accessible.

This is what I’ve suggested, it would help improve accessibility.

1 Like

Hey!

Thanks for the feedback - and totally agreed. We want the filter bar to default to open on larger screens. It’s on our todo list :slight_smile:

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.