Make deployment of assets with third-party animations easier

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to share assets that use my animations, because they don’t load in other developer’s games. It is also currently too hard to use other developers’ assets with animations because I have to reupload them myself and paste new asset IDs, such as with an open-source Battle Royale game.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because deployment of assets containing animations would be a lot easier.

This is mainly affecting me because when a user re-uploads my Open Flood Test game to their profile, the most important animations fail to load because that copy no longer belongs to me. The end user has to find the animation dummy within the game and re-upload the animations themselves. Then they have to find the animation objects embedded within scripts and then replace their asset IDs. I’m having a difficult time finding a way to streamline that.

If I could embed the original animation data (keyframes and all) and load it from objects in the place file itself instead of external assets, that would make sharing it much easier.

05/16/2020 Edit

As a result of the issue, this is what I did.

16 Likes