Make Engine and Website Bugs Available to Post When a Member

Howdy developers.

Today, and many other days, I come across some bugs on the Roblox website. Now, a reason I never get to tell anyone is because as a member, you can’t post website nor engine bugs, only forum bugs. This doesn’t make any sense @Roblox. Many bugs happen each day and no-one posts about them or cares about because why? The website bugs and engine bugs category is limited to Regular’s, and I am correct you need to have gone through Post Approval which to my knowledge is currently cancelled. There is basically no way for people to post bugs besides social media. I suggest Roblox makes the trust level for engine and website bugs to member or re-add Post Approval. Sorry if I come off angry but it is quite a large annoyance for me. And if anyone is wondering what the bug was, the catalog wouldn’t load when I search for a shirt in the main, normal, catalog.

-ColdCr4ft :roblox_light:

1 Like

You can still report bugs without making a forum post.

If you’re not able to post on the Dev Forum, contact us using this Form

6 Likes

There is also /g/Bug-Support, I don’t think they want just anyone to post in #bug-reports or #feature-requests just yet, given the state of #development-discussion and such.

5 Likes

I think they only want trusted members of the DevForum community to post in Bug Reports because if members posted in there, there will be too many posts.

Interesting I didn’t know this existed. When was this established becuase this would of been helpful months ago. I’m unsure if that would be a good way to solve the problem if not many people know about it.

Any idea why this ‘trust level: member’ was able to post a bug report:

That topic was made in May 2020, when post approval definitely existed.

After spending a lot of time and effort internally to scale up how we handle bugs across Roblox’s product engineering teams, we finally have a solution available here: The Big Bug Reporting Update

Everybody here in the current topic that made a post or Liked one of the posts (as of Mar 19) has had their join request accepted if they submitted one. I’m marking this as the solution of the topic for that reason.

For everybody else that participates here later than this reply, please follow the instructions in the linked announcement above on how to get your join request in. We are slowly accepting people from the backlog to make sure we don’t overwhelm internal teams, but it is our goal to clear out the backlog. It will take us some time before we’re caught up with requests so appreciate your patience here.

Thanks again for posting about this and for your patience as we worked this out!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.