Make the character a model

I want to make a game where the character is a monkey

but im not sure how…
I assume that you would use starter charcter script… but im brand new to scripting, ive only scripting a couple of things, that are like pretty easy and simple

But yeah… I dont even know were to start

1 Like

I need more information. Monk or monkey? Do you have the model? Do you need to animate it?

monkey and no its supposed to just be a meme game where the charcter is a monkey

Just copy your avatar while you’re playing then edit it like you want then change his name to “StarterCharacter” and place it in StarterPlayer.

Its a model would it still work? image

OK, well you can go many routes:

1. you can make the player start as a monkey. Put the model in as a starter character, and everyone who plays will have that avatar.
  2. you can move the player into a monkey with script. Just make sure you add a Humanoid to the monkey after the swap, or the monkey will die. (lessons learned)
  3. you can swap out parts of the player so they look more monkeyish

Attach the model with the humanoidrootpart with a weld.

If it does not have the proper rigging, it won’t animate. We would need to see the parts within the model.

it dont want to to be animated its just a meshimage

Do what i said then you will get this result

robloxapp-20210916-2017547.wmv (442.9 KB)

wait… im realizing it might not work since its a mesh

I’m going to try turning into a haystack, for science. I will post results.

1 Like

how do i use a weld do i click part1 and 0 and if so how do i find humanoidrootpart

The weld has properties, the properties you will need is Attachment0 and Attachment1 set them to the Monke and HumanoidRootPart (Part1 and Part0*)

1 Like

how would i find humoidRootpart?

Find “StarterCharacter” in toolbox then you can make the monke.

1 Like

so i drag the rootpart into starterplayer? if you cant tell im really tired so im confused but im understanding waht your saying if you know what i mean

I had to add a Humanoid, a HumanoidRootPart (welded) and put it into a model with a primary part set. I can’t move, but I am a single mesh avatar.

Here is the proper layout for a single mesh character. It’s not pretty! Your results may vary! (The gyro is not necessary, I tried to at least spin in place… no dice)

can i see the properties on the weld please im so slow :laughing: