Make the Resources category for regulars only

You’ve probably seen a lot of posts in #resources lately that get archived because they aren’t significant enough to be considered a resource. Here are some examples: - This one is just straight up non-sense. - You can find a script like this in 5 seconds in the toolbox in Studio. - There are a million YouTube tutorials on this! - This one has some bad coding practices, and it’s pretty easy to find a script like this on YouTube. - This isn’t a resource… and many more. This is pretty annoying since it clutters the Resources category like crazy, and I can’t find the well made, good resources anymore because there are a million of these posts all over the category. As a member myself, I want this category to be for Regulars only. Sure, you can use Post Approval, at least now the post will be checked so it’s actually a resource and substantial enough for the category.

2 Likes

I don’t think it should be just for regulars, as many members I’ve seen have actually posted good content. But, you are right. Some posts are just nonsense, people doing it for the sake of getting likes. I think all posts should be manually approved, and only after the post has met a certain criteria, like 5 paragraphs of explanation or something along those lines.

4 Likes

All posts? It’s a great idea, but the Post Approval team is gonna have a meltdown if ALL of the posts are checked, Regular or Member. Regulars can be trusted, as they are the ones that make most of the good resources, although…

I do agree, but you saw how many bad posts there are. It outweighs the good posts that Members make by a lot.

1 Like

Your post is quite similar to these existing topics:

You should support the existing ones instead of creating a whole new topic.

8 Likes

Oops, I didn’t see these posts before. Yes, these are similar, because they all highlight the problem that the #resources category has. I wouldn’t care if my post gets moved to one of these other posts. I just want to mention the serious problem that the #resources category has right now (and give a solution)

The point of my plugin is so that people DON’T have go through their toolbox trying to find their script that disables resets, so before you comment on someone’s work, read it.

I did look at your plugin, and you are technically correct. It does saves time because it only takes a few seconds for all the scripts to be put into the game using the plugin. But how much time does it save, compared to just looking at the toolbox? Maybe 15 seconds. The reason your post got locked was because it isn’t substantial enough for the category, and that is the whole reason I made this post in the first place. Members are posting things in the Resources category that aren’t very useful, or straight up non-sense.

Ever since post approval was taken off the category I have had to mute it because there is simply nothing new that is useful anymore.

It should be for regulars. #discussion was made regular-only. So should #resources. Many members in #discussion posted good content but the majority didn’t according to community sages. So their topic creation privilege had to go. I think #resources is a good example of categories going to shit when a category is opened to members.

2 Likes

I may not be a regular (how do you even become one?!), but I completely agree. The things I’ve seen in #resources is absurd, and should be made so only regulars can post on it.

I think a good system would be a rating system, based on how much quality your general posts are decides if you are able to post in #resources.

This should NOT under any circumstances be restricted to regulars. Many members use the category correctly. It would be unfair on them.

a lot of posts should just be PA-approved instead of restricting a whole category for some people’s wrong-doings.

Why do you think that would be efficient? Like Pancake1824 said, they will have a meltdown.
I would if I were one.

as I mentioned, not all posts should be, some should if they’ve got a reputation for low-quality and misleading topics.

Yeah as I mentioned there.
I think that is a really good idea.

I don’t think it would be good because of how long it would take to get regular and I’m still trying. I would suggest a special report button on not relevant to topic or isn’t supporting to topic

This would help on not flooding post approval team.

I haven’t seen posts like those before but some people think when you post in resources section it’s pretty much open source and they don’t need to add it and or they some how think there’s a use for it. For example the link you had on Og about a not joinable place Wich I would think is useless and why have it there so I would think having a report button that is not useful or supportive in this topic.

I completely disagree after reading this tittle. Resources is a category which should be accesible by EVERYONE, as its is basically a place for getting useful tools, and it be quite unfair if only a particular category of people can use it :confused:

1 Like

So you’ve only read the title :confused:

The post says to take topic creation privileges away from Members and only allow topics by Regular+. The category will still be visible to everyone.

Uh then I guess this is alright. But then why does it say to restrict members to see this category.

A post approval process for Resources would definitely not sound like a good idea as its more work (for the community post approval team).

For the amount of members that seemingly make good resources, you might be missing out if you restrict the category.

The idea is to completely lock it away until you get Regular, kinda like #discussion. If these members are capable of making a good resource then they are capable of using post approval and getting their posts approved

1 Like