Making a framework that simulates a roblox executor!

I was kinda bored lately so I decided to make my own executor simulator on roblox studio!
NOTE: I DO NOT ENDORSE THIS AS A LEGITIMATE ROBLOX EXECUTOR NOR AS A BYPASS, MY MOTIVATION OF MAKING THIS IS TO ALLOW A MUCH MORE SAFER ENVIRONMENT FOR DEVELOPERS TO PEN-TEST THEIR OWN CODE WITHOUT INSTALLING REAL EXPLOITS!

What lead to me to design my own simulator is because @SQLanguage’s xAPI! (Thanks for the inspiration:D)

(Place file)

(Test code)

Here’s a sample of it, as of now it’s on its most primitive stages, so majority of the methods you see on your usual executor are yet to be added! However, due to some roblox limitations, there are some methods that are fully not supported, such as getmenv, getsenv, etc etc…

Now, may I ask you, the community, should I release it to the public as a resource or set it off as private?

4 Likes

I’m surprised about how people get inspired by community-made modules to make their own. Maybe I feel like getting some inspiration from a module in #resources:community-resources to make my own!

though I feel like you should release it to the public, but don’t let people stop you from making this because xApi exists. Trust me, I was one of these people. In-fact, That’s like saying Unity can’t exist because Godot exists. Anyways you did a great job at making this module

1 Like

I see that you are trying to manually test each global. Maybe you can try using the UNC Environment Check, which checks if all of your globals are working properly.

Also, yes, you should release it publicly!

1 Like

I got setupvalue and getupvalue working quite well now and I’m quite proud of it!

1 Like

Some new updates,
You can test it out by going through the place file here and let me know your thoughts!
cognate test - Roblox