Making a Story Game! Need Devs

About the Game :video_game:

I play a lot of story games, they’re just so fun! Then it came to me: What if I hired a bunch of people to help me make one. What will the story be? Zoo Story!

The Team :busts_in_silhouette:

Empty - Builder
Empty - Scripter
@puggerly - Thumbnail Designer

About The Job :necktie:

Builder - We expect the builds to be low to medium poly, but detailed with decor like trash cans, animal information signs, etc.

Scripter: Randomly chosen players to talk, a choice at the end for different endings, animals moving around in the zoo, animals running loose (at a certain point in time in the story), and weapon damage (there will be battles thought the story).

Thumbnail Designer: 2D and 3D thumbnails both work. Also, be prepared to make more for large updates!

Payment :money_mouth_face:

Builder- 40% profit
Scripter - 40% profit
Thumbnail Designer - 0% profit*

Contact Us :loudspeaker:

You can message me on the DevForum at @99guineafowl. Also, let me know in a reply if you need more info!

*Team member would have been payed but offered to work for free.

3 Likes
  1. What will you be doing?
  2. The payment for each role should in no way be equal. Builder and Scripter should have similar percent’s, but the Thumbnail Designer should realistically not have a percent - especially the same percent as a scripter or builder. Instead you should commission them.
  3. You should give more information for the scripter. I don’t play Story games, and I don’t intend to go and research them for this job as your payment allocation and information is lacking.
5 Likes

I see. I’ll make an edit as soon as I can.

1 Like

Agree the scripter and builder should have the most profit, the thumbnail deserves a one time payment per asset.

4 Likes

(@DorksuRBX @szkiller_dev ) Is that better?

1 Like

Lol it’s still not fair, the order should go like this Scripter>Builder>Thumbn

1 Like

I feel like there is a bias in play here…

In my opinion, for a simple story game, the builder is equivalent to a scripter in this case.
For a game that is more script heavy, then a scripter would be paid more, but usually story games aren’t too complicated to script.

@99guineafowl, What are you going to be doing?

4 Likes

Well yeah for the most part, it heavily depends on the game.

1 Like

Hello! I can do Story game icons, and I’d be willing to do it for free.

Here’s my portfolio:

1 Like

That’s not really fair.

While scripting is very crucial, building holds lots of importance as well. Projects should vary the importance of scripting and building… it’d be a little biased to think that for every game. For a story game like this, scripting wouldn’t exactly be too complicated or much work.

2 Likes

I can make some thumbnails for free while I’m practicing!

I have made many changes to the post because of requests. Let me know if this is enough info.

Backup payment? (30 charssssss)

I might make another post saying I need a scripter, because I have a builder asking about the job. I’m really not sure. I just want to keep posting so this topic doesn’t close.

I’m interested in the thumbnail design, but why do thumbnail designers get 0% profit? gfx design is a hard task and I think it deserves to get a bit of profit.

Thumbnail artists need payment.
I take around an hour or 2 to make my art, and if you work irl you can get 10 dollars an hour for that (1k robux if it’s really good.)
Plus, there is no backup payment if the game flops. Oh well, if you earn 10 robux, the scripter and builder get 3 robux each, and gfx artist gets 0.

If I’m correct the thumbnail designer is working for free,

Yeah, they need payment because of that.

So your getting 40%? 30 charssss

1 Like

I have a hard time understanding what YOUR job will be.
Why are you earning more than the builder and scripter, and what makes you worthy of 40%.