[Making Models wearable] How to make a basic Model, that isnt a Mesh wearable as a hat

Thanks for helping me, my problem got solved

6 Likes

Weld all the parts to a main part using WeldConstraints, then just use accessories from there. There’s a step process in doing that. Here’s how it goes:

• Create an accessory and put all the hat’s parts in it. No models, only parts.

• Weld everything to a main part. Put an attachment in the hat that’ll match up with a similarly named one in the Humanoid. For your hats, you’ll want HatAttachment.

• Done. Just add a clone of the accessory when someone steps on the panel.

Posts are typically flagged for four reasons: a post is off-topic (unrelated to OP or the category’s purpose), inappropriate (contains content that’s against the DevForum rules), recognised as spam (typically this means necrobumping without new information to add, adding posts, bumping, so on) or another reason for which staff will contact you for.

The DevForum FAQ has a lot of useful links and summary information you can have a look at. It contains the links and information on flags (under the If You See a Problem, Flag It section). Make sure to have a look at it when you get the chance. Reading rules is pretty important.

You shouldn’t worry about this thread being flagged. It’s fine and there’s no issue with it, but it borders on not following the guidelines of the category. Check out the category guidelines for more information. Flagging this thread would be a false flag since there’s nothing wrong with it.

Essentially, about this category: Scripting Support is a help line, but not a requesting hub. There’s two sides of the coin, both for responders and askers. Two types of help are prominent here: tips and pointing in the right direction and code (samples).

• As far as being pointed in the right direction goes, you are allowed to ask for pointers or tips and others may respond accordingly.

• As far as code (samples) go, others are allowed to give you code (samples) BUT you are not allowed to ASK for code to be given. Pseudocode is a gray area that’s probably acceptable since it isn’t actual code, just an outline of what your code should follow.

That should provide you with enough information. If you’re curious about the forums themselves, feel free to drop a post in #forum-feedback or message some members of the community (Top Contributors or Community Sages - I don’t say Post Approval since they’ve got huge inboxes to deal with, but they’re also very well-rounded go-to resources).

If you’ve got further questions about my response to your topic (in relation to making a model wearable), feel free to reply with what you don’t understand. If it’s a question about the second half of my post discussing forum usage, please send me a DM to continue discussion as it’d be off-topic.

9 Likes

Thanks,
I just did it,
They work now.
Thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve been trying to make one of those hats that’s like an avatar on your shoulder (but not a shoulder accessory, more like you’re giving someone a piggy back on your shoulders). How do I do it then?

Same method, just change the name of the attachment. Look through the character model to find the attachment you want. In the case of shoulder accessories, the names of the attachments you want are in the upper arm pieces.

This is year old catgory but i couldent find anyhting anywhere else soo…
anyways my question is how would i position it?

Change the position of the attachment you’re adding to the accessory. The way accessories work is that they snap same-named attachments together both in position and in rotation, so when you move the attachment in the hat it essentially changes where the hat gets snapped.

1 Like