Making ScrollbarThickness Scaled and not Offset!

As a Roblox developer, it is currently impossible to . . .

Have a scrolling bar in a scrolling frame be a decent size on say an iPhone 4s and a tv screen. I’d have to set the bars thickness to be like 100 to be visibile on a tv screen. Even if we just talk about computers. A scrolling bar needs to be atleast 10-20 to be visible on my screen, and I’m using a small laptop. 10-20 though on an iphone looks massive and it takes up way too much space.

Adding this would make ScrollingFrames a much more useful thing to use when making games compatible for every single device.

33 Likes

Huge support. This should be a feature.

7 Likes

Ran into this issue a few days ago. This should definitely be a feature!

7 Likes

This needs a huge bump

Purty (Average Computer)

Fugly… (iPhone 4s)

This seriously needs to be added or atleast have something which allows us to control the thickness, because it is currently impossible to have a scrolling bar look good on an iphone 4s and still be visible and look good on 90" tv screen

10 Likes

100% support. ScrollingFrames are a valuable asset that need to be brought into the present in so many ways.

2 Likes

Bumping this thread because I believe this is an important feature for displaying scrolling frames on any device. If you want a scrollingbar to show up on a large screen it needs to be sized up, but its gigantic on a smaller screen such as mobile. ScrollBarThickness needs to be a UDim2 to keep the ratio of the scrollbar image and not be too large/small on certain devices.
properly sized: image
smaller screen:image

2 Likes

Bumping this because i’ve run into this problem and really have no idea what to do.

Proper size (1080 x 1920):

iPhone 4s (can’t even play Roblox anymore but you get the point)

1 Like

bumping again because we need this feature

1 Like

Why not remove the scrollbar thickness for mobile devices or make it thinner for low resolution devices? Or better yet, use UIPageLayout so you don’t see a scroll bar.

Well, uh, yeah. I could easily do those things. But,

If people don’t see a scroll bar, they may not know that they can scroll. I can make it so it resizes based on the screen’s resolution, but it is probably more performance intensive to resize every frame than if it was just an actual feature. It is also very tricky to find the correct number to divide by for my scroll bar with that code.

2 Likes

Trust me they will otherwise you have made a huge mistake in how you’ve arranged your elements. And why would low power iphones play Roblox anyway, aren’t they being phased out because of 32 bit?

Its kinda crazy how weird and inconsistent scrolling frames are.

Obviously no scale for the scrollbar, as the OP says, but no way to disable the scrollbar fading out on mobile either? UIGradient and UICorner doesnt work on them either.

Of course having the scrollbar thickness property change to a UDim would be nice, it would also be a breaking change, so I dunno.

2 Likes