Manage Group revenue in Creator Hub and split profit per experience [Beta]

Great to hear my feature request was finally listened to, this will insanely improve groups that manage multiple teams.

11 Likes

Thank you for this update Roblox! :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Pros:
Iā€™m glad to see this is finally implemented this will help a lot for creating games.

Cons:
So are UGC developers just forgotten about or am I missing something?

It would be nice to have UGC revenue split calculation as well as of now I donā€™t think people even get 50% of the Resell revenue either if they are taking a percentage of the group.

Someone correct me If Iā€™m wrong but this is what Iā€™ve personally experienced.

15 Likes

love this update!!! keep it up

8 Likes

OMG! I have been waiting years for this feature! Finally there is no need to create multiple groups for each experience! Amazing work!

7 Likes

Are you making roblox adult game? or childā€™s game? i have no idea but you guys are making roblox like it is for adults

5 Likes

This is an insanely good update, especially for studios with multiple games with different teams working on each game, boosts work flow immensely. I was wondering if we would ever see something similar with clothing / UGC items? Not as needed as this update, but it would be nice for a feature to be there for big groups that want to split profits with an original designer/modeler of a catalog item.

5 Likes

Make that you can also split recurring payouts for certain developer products / game passes. Thanks a lot for the feature tho!!

6 Likes

Iā€™ve been waiting for this update for so long, I still donā€™t understand why it took so long to be implemented because itā€™s so important, anyway thanks and really W updateee!!! [

thx god finally happened :pray:

6 Likes

At lastā€¦ this change was long overdue.

9 Likes

Any plans to add per-experience dev permissions for groups? eg. Role 1 can manage/team create Experience 1 and Role 2 can manage/team create Experience 2, but Role 1 cannot manage Experience 2 (and vice versa) both under the same group.

As far as Iā€™m aware, this is currently not possible; would love to be corrected.

7 Likes

First, Iā€™d like to say, THANK YOU FOR GIVING ATTENTION TO THESE ISSUES! :heart:

But here comeā€™s the annoying part where I ask for more :woozy_face:

This feature is almost good.

In every project Iā€™ve worked on, I have never used the splitting functionality because of this ā€œcomplicatedā€ fractional issue. We always do monthly payouts instead, and will still continue to do so.

Doing payouts at the end of the month is also helpful for studios that split only the profits that the game(s) make; after calculating all the expenses, reimbursements, outside incomes (brand deals), ect.

There is a multitude of other reasons that this is more effective, but I wonā€™t waste time explaining them all. Just think about how major companies do revenue sharing and youā€™ll understand what Iā€™m getting at.

While making splits better is never a bad thing, I think we should also focus on making detailed breakdowns of income as well. The majority of studios that ā€œmake it the big leaguesā€ will never use splits. Itā€™s just not practical enough. There are always too many variables that come into play to just arbitrarily split profits like that.

As of right now, the transactions page in the groupā€™s creator dashboard is showing personal transactions instead of group transactions. And the ā€œother transactionsā€ button just links you to the groupā€™s transaction page on the regular site. Iā€™m assuming this is going to be overhauled soon, but at the moment, it makes no sense.

(should probably also not show the devex tab in the groupā€™s finance dropdown)

To further advance the idea of ā€˜per-gameā€™ revenue share, I propose the idea of adding detailed income break downs to the groupā€™s transactions page.

For example:

Group Funds: 1,200,000

Date Range: Past 30 Days (or custom)

(drop down box of all the group games)

• Game 1:

• Dev Products = 100,000

• Passes = 100,000

• Premium Payouts = 100,000

• Item Commissions = 100,000

• Ad Revenue = 100,000

• Subscriptions Revenue = 100,000

• Pending Robux = 0

• Total = 600,000

• Game 2:

• Dev Products = 100,000

• Passes = 100,000

• Premium Payouts = 100,000

• Item Commissions = 100,000

• Ad Revenue = 100,000

• Subscriptions Revenue = 100,000

• Pending Robux = 0

• Total = 600,000

(yes Iā€™m aware of the monetization tab on the creator dashboard of each game. obviously you can calculate the total revenue of the game, but itā€™s just a hassle to do it that way)

Thanks for reading my entire spiel lol :slight_smile:

11 Likes

This is super organize and really clean! Amazing update looking forward to see more. :heart:

4 Likes

Yes - sorry, I misspoke here. The ability for people to see their own payouts is not live yet. Iā€™m working with the team to find a path to get it out!

7 Likes

The new UI looks nice, and the ability to set payouts on a per-experience is extremely helpful with managing groups with multiple projects that are handled by differing developers within the same team.

A permission to allow read-only access to the Payouts page would be appreciated. Many groups tend to only have one account that has payout permissions for security reasons, but only that account can view the group funds and payout percentages which is a bit annoying. The only way a user can view income is through developer statistics which is fine, but being able to see what the current funds overall isnā€™t possible unless the user is given permission to also spend funds.

5 Likes

Awesome, thank you for addressing it! Our team is loving the new revenue features.

5 Likes

This is great. Is there any plan to enable splitting experience profit for non-group experiences?

3 Likes

wow this is actually a really good update. I know lots of devs have to make multiple groups for their games and now they can store them all into one group which is a lot easier

3 Likes

This is great! The Creator Hub is becoming better and better, and more useful.

4 Likes

Something I would like to see added to this is splits of revenue for specific UGC items for UGC groups so if you collaborate with others especially a big UGC group they could offer % of sales for all future sales of a specific item on catalog or in-experience. I think that would be a great way to encourage more collaboration on the platform where small creators can work with big groups and potentially get some bigger sales on their items working with known creators who can help boost their sales for their items in their established groups etc.

5 Likes