Many Pages of the Creator Dashboard result in "Access Denied" with edit permissions

Reproduction Steps

Give an alt account Edit permissions to a game owned by you, and try and do many actions on the Creator Dashboard.

Expected Behavior

I am allowed to do those things, as I can on the Legacy creator pages

Actual Behavior

I am met with “Access Denied” many times, some pages refusing to load basic info.
New:

Old:

Workaround

Do these actions via the legacy Create page, but not for long.

Issue Area: Roblox Website
Page URL: Creator Dashboard
Impact: High
Frequency: Often

7 Likes

Most of the pages you are attempting to view are pages related to asset configuration / creation, does the account also have those permissions applied to it?

As stated in the report, this is not a group game. It’s a shared game where I have edit permissions, there is no other permission available for sharing games. Just None, Play, and Edit.

I am able to do these just fine on the legacy page

1 Like

Hi Folks, we’ve patched this issue today. Thank you for the report and let us know if you still encounter the problem.

2 Likes

Hey, still happening in badges.

It’ll say this, then actually save.

Hey, I’m still having this issue.

Group: Jump Scare Games - Roblox
Game: 096 [SCP] - Roblox

This is what appears. I am the owner of the group.

Overview:

Monetization:

User Acquisition:

The same shows for engagement and retention. These are some very important metrics I need access to. Thank you. I also can’t make a thread so I’m replying to this instead…

1 Like

Thanks for calling it out! Let me take another peek.

2 Likes

Thanks for the call out; I’ll escalate this to the appropriate team.

2 Likes

Hi Albie, thanks for reporting this. Sorry about the inconvenience. So far it seems to me like you should be able to see analytics for that experience, yes. Let’s figure out why it’s not working.

• Is this happening reliably, every time you load the page, or is it intermittent? Can you let me know about which time period you were trying to load the page?
  • Are you able to see any data on any of the analytics pages (e.g. /stats) or is it broken this way on all of them?
  • Are you able to see analytics for any other experiences? Have you ever been in the past?
  • Have you tried logging out and back in, and maybe also clearing your browser’s cookies?

It’s completely broken 100% of the time for me.

As this topic is for, it’s games shared with you, not under a group, you just have edit permissions.

Same result after doing this.

When downloading a copy of a shared game too, the data for it is just null.

Hi :slight_smile:

Can you pm me your badge id so I can investigate further? Thanks!

1 Like

Hey @darkpixlz, thanks for the update! Here’s what’s happening in your case: since your universe is not owned by a group, there’s currently no way for anyone other than the owner to see analytics for it. We’re considering whether it makes sense to allow that, but for now there is not.

The dashboard was incorrectly showing you the sidebar entry for “User Acquisition”, though (since you can’t see the actual data) and we will change that in the next couple weeks, so the sidebar entry will be hidden for you at that point.

1 Like

@albiedanoob, in your case, this is a different issue, as you should be able to have access through the group ownership. However, we’re having a bit of trouble seeing your issue on our side.

Can you check if it’s still an issue for you, and let me know what the error message says? In your previous screenshot it says “User does not have permissions on this resource”, but we’ve just made a few changes that may either fix this or change the message for you. Thanks!

Should I open a feature request for this or hold off? I would like to be able to view the analytics, which I’m not currently able to. Maybe a switch would be added to the game’s settings which says something like “Allow collaborators to view game analytics”?

Sure, that sounds like a useful idea and good feature request!

1 Like

Hi @darkpixlz! :slight_smile:
We’ve patched this issue. Thank you for letting us know that Badges was still having the permission issue. Please let us know if you still encounter the problem.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.