Many players cannot enter my newly launched game. No communication to the developer

Reproduction Steps

Roblox is censoring my newly launched game to many accounts. Both <13 and >13. This game was launched Friday and not only did I sink money into ads, I sunk a ton of time and resources into hyping a launch for the game which “happened” this past Friday evening.

I come to learn days later than many accounts cannot even click Play. They’re barred from entering. With zero transparency to the developer. I had to learn from word of mouth from nearby friends and replies on Twitter days after release. I am so disappointed.

Expected Behavior

Games should never be censored to large audiences without transparency to the developer. Time and money was lost.

Actual Behavior

The game is censored with no communication to the developer.

Screen Shot 2022-11-28 at 1.14.49 PM

Issue Area: Roblox Website
Page URL: *New!* Star Quest [Marble Rider] - Roblox
Impact: Very High
Frequency: Often
Date First Experienced: 2022-11-18 00:11:00 (-07:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2022-11-28 00:11:00 (-07:00)

55 Likes

This is weird, especially since no age restrictions are in place. This really needs to be looked into.

6 Likes

This is really weird. The game is literally just marble physics? Roblox will probably (hopefully) fix this soon - but it’s extremely odd regardless. Do you have any ideas why this may be happening?

4 Likes

This is a very weird bug, I can play your game still.

2 Likes

Hello there, i messed around with Roblox restrictions settings it seems like that is the problem, though the game is all ages with i find weird…

In the last screenshot the setting is disabled

3 Likes

Tested account restrictions also and that’s the problem.

1 Like

Roblox account restrictions flagged the game, or so it appears. Short term solution will be for the user to disable this feature on this account. I recommend contacting Roblox support regarding this issue as it seems to be an automated thing rather than a setting that the developer can enable.

You could also try emailing in to see if this is the case, which I do recommend as unfortunately there is not much other that you can do at this moment in time.

Hope to see a resolution to this issue soon.

2 Likes

Something definitely broken with Account Restrictions. This game is rated all-ages and the questionnaire was filled out leading up to release.

8 Likes

Have you tried completing it again?

I believe, if this is not a bug, as of recently, new games aren’t allowed to advertise for a long, unknown set period of time as I’ve seen this before with another dev who brought it up to me. New experiences have also been hidden from the Continue Playing section in the last few weeks, but I think this may have been reverted (?)

It’s similar to how users have to be in group for at least 2 weeks before getting payouts. Not explained until you actually get to the payment screen and realise you have to wait.

If this is the case, it’s shocking that there is no notification of warning to devs about this even in the ad creation workflow.
Dread to think how much Robux has been wasted on ads like this.

Imagine being a young kid who has saved up all their money to drop ads on their game and it’s all in vain.

8 Likes

Horrific, I hope you get compensated. Roblox keeps dropping the ball when it comes to developer communication, there’s so much arcane bullshit on this platform you only find out by fucking up.

E.g. game icons are wiped and have to go through moderation when you upload a new one, game and asset titles and descriptions get re-filtered and can block the whole thing if you dare update a single word, you can’t get paid from a group until two weeks pass after join, advertisements and sponsorships are barely shown to anyone and go through redesign at the drop of a hat, etc.

It’s unacceptable.

3 Likes

Hi asimo3089 - Thank you for flagging this! This is an issue that we are actively working on and should be resolved soon.

13 Likes

I’ve been running into a similiar issue in my experiences but that’s most likely because they’re not eligible to fill out the form. I really can’t tell if this is a bug or if it’s intentional :confused:

It works on my end, don’t know how or why unless it’s due to settings.

Will the developer(s) recieve compensation for this issue? By the sounds of it, @asimo3089 ‘drained thousands of robux’ into this project for an issue on your end.

1 Like

Honestly at this point I don’t care for the Robux. I just want to see this resolved. If it’s a feature, this is malicious to smaller creators. I got started on Roblox in 2009 thanks to excellent discovery. Everybody should have an equal chance when launching their game.
Hoping it’s just a bug, but won’t set my expectations too deep anywhere!

6 Likes

Hi LateNightDiner, thank you for checking in on this! Do you have a ballpark on how soon this will be resolved? I’m looking to re-launch the game with a “Grand Re-Opening” party to hopefully give this game the launch it deserves. I won’t take any dates you give me as a promise.
I’ve for now taken the game private until it becomes discoverable.

2 Likes

Would you be able to share a rough ballpark for when this bug started? Would be curious to see if it lines up with some discovery trends with my experiences.

The same exact thing seems to have happened to my game where there are many people complaining that they’re unable to play, glad to see that I wasn’t the only person having this issue. Fingers crossed that Roblox resolves this issue soon!

1 Like

Hi all - We’ve rolled out a fix on Friday, Dec 2. Please let us know if you still experience this issue. Thank you for your patience!

2 Likes