Map Leaking Has Gone Too Far | Any Solutions?

Whatever it is, everything has to replicate to the client so they can actually see it. Everything is accessible, some people just may have not developed the proper method to extract everything from a place.

That’s basically how exploiting works. Anything an exploiter’s machine can see and find can be stolen through there, due to replication to client.

Those includes:

• Geometry – BaseParts
  • LocalScripts – also ModuleScripts required from LocalScripts
  • Anything in ReplicatedStorage and ReplicatedFirst
  • Anything that is a replicated GUIObject.
  • Anything that is parented to nil which are objects in the list above.

…but cannot steal…

• Normal server Scripts
  • Anything in ServerStorage
  • Anything in ServerScriptService

Mhm. Arguable ROBLOX is actually a bit better then other games on this. A lot of triple A games involve downloads and its very easy just to go into the app folder and find many assets. ROBLOX’s games don’t involve download (except for the player application itself), and most client assets are transfered to the client only for a temporary time.

3 Likes

I have a question about this if you do report someone for stealing your games map will that person receives any type of warning or ban or anything or does roblox just let them go but removes the game?

First of all, please don’t bump a thread from 11 months ago. Create a new topic instead. (That way everyone here doesn’t get notified)

To answer your question, it’s up to the moderation team. You most likely won’t get detailed information on what was done to the account in question, as it’s considered private information. However, reporting a person for what you believe to be a exploit can help.

3 Likes

You should be fine, your map won’t ever be used and profited from; if this does ever happen, you can submit a DMCA claim against it.

You can learn more about DMCA here.

I’m not sure that post was meant to file other users. I think it was mainly for developers who has infringing assets that aren’t theirs if I’m mistaken.

No, you can DMCA claim games using your assets/your maps if they steal it, since maps being stolen obviously belongs to you.

Ah I see, will look into that because my game was recently stolen and I need it to be removed.

1 Like

I’m in agreement that this has gone too far. Unfortunately, there is no solution at this time.

Exploiters can’t copy scripts from games, they can just copy the buildings.

you came 7 months later, and no, they can copy scripts that are visibile to client data model

1 Like

Sorry for the rebump, but yes, exploiters can just download everthing if they have acces to it. A localscript is on the client, so in the PC of the exploiter. So he could just copy it. Same as all the others Things that you can see. Everthing that you can directly use (localscripts, some modulescripts required by localscripts) or that you can see (a whole map) is on the machine (PC). The data is there, else you would just have a blank game. What the exploit code do is that he just reads the same data and use it to create a copy of the game. Pls, before just spreading missinformations, you really should know enough about the topic. If you only read 20 replys you would see that it was said over 5 times. So at this point I really ask you if you really did read the topic.

And for your topic, @FPSVision, I am sorry to hear this, but no game is secured from map leaking, even larger games like Fortnite, Overwatch, etc…. At this point I really ask me if there is, beside the traditional DMCA, any other method to try to prevent this (idk, like stop exploitscripts from working etc…), but it would be impossible. Hope that after 1 year the problem is solved!

1 Like

Crystal Anitcheat blocks saveinstance() and dark dex.

There is no way to stop it unless adding code in it to corrupt anyone who wants to take it but with all the new exploits scamming has become more common the best thing to do is report it under DMCA make sure all your items are copyright

Not sure what you mean. If you have the place file you can take that code out. It’s not like it’ll run in Studio mode and you can’t destroy your place file for anyone other than yourself unless you also want your production game to be tacky as well.

Map theft prevention discussions are silly. Report copies or send legal notices through the correct channels. This is an inherent problem in any game engine ever, not just Roblox.

2 Likes

I once had a whole game taken and I sent it in to roblox and nothing happened so everything must be copyright.I mean when I say add code add code into the build so if people take it there is a chance that the code wont let them join or use the building,But you are right there is no good way yet to stop fraud unless legal matters with DMCA.

Perhaps you can turn your assets into packages, which you can set so that only you and the other developers can use them. Here’s how:

1. Left-click one or more of the models in your experience and select “Convert to package.”
  2. Input the information about the asset when prompted to. The description is not mandatory.
  3. Hit “Submit” and you’re done!

To prevent your maps being stolen, just make horrible maps. No one will want to steal a bad map.

2 Likes