Map's theme, Roblox ToS

This is related to my old thread

So I was wonder if I make like a drug compound raid map would it be taken down (you only play as the good guys, you will never play as the bad guys in my game)

And I want to know what could I replace it with if it’s not allowed.

I personally think the ToS is kinda grey to me because on some topics as long as you depicts “opposition = le bad ppl” you can get away with stuff sometimes.

5 Likes

Any depiction of terrorism/terrorist activities is not allowed. This includes the usage of suicide vests and illustrating hostage situations. Even the phrase “terrorist” is not allowed on Roblox.

With regards to drugs, you can replace any depiction of drugs with something more kid-friendly. Maybe the syndicate is hoarding a huge stash of Bloxy Colas?

Remember, children are on this platform, and terrorism is psychologically upsetting. Illustrating drugs is also a bit questionable.

Hope you find a good solution soon!

8 Likes

That would be a good Idea but I don’t want the opposition’s base looking like this :sob:

7 Likes

What you can do instead of bomb vest terrorists are to make them into some self-destructing robots or make them normal gunmen. Instead of drugs, you can do a huge stack of valuables or gold.

Very German HL1 solution, but ill take it.

1 Like

How do games like Counter-Blox get away with having terrorism in their game though? The game’s based off of CS:GO and the teams use the phrase “Terrorist”, they’ve also got bomb models and vests and a “Hostage Rescue” mission on some maps (most notably the Agency map), same goes for other sensitive topics like suicide where Decaying Winter has an entire animation for resetting your character which is one stabbing themselves with a knife, paired with blood. There used to be an entity named “Hanger” (the name alone should explain how this entity looked like) that, iirc, got the game taken down but visible suicide still remains in the game.

I’m assuming that Roblox uses the age rating to be more lenient when it comes to games but I’m really unsure as games with little to no references which are rated 13+ get taken down almost immediately. I would think that it would be allowed with a rating like that as other games outside of Roblox like Doki Doki Literature Club are rated 13+.
I wanted to make a psychological horror game that minimally references upsetting topics like depression and suicide but I’ve been pushing that back as far as I can until I find a forum post that properly “green lights” it as I don’t want to risk getting my own account terminated. I have seen posts state that giving room for interpretation is how you could get past this but I still do think that Roblox would moderate games that do that either way seeing how you have to flip a coin to see if your game/account will deleted or not.

Honestly right now it just really does seem that Roblox is biased when it comes to games and their own TOS and the true answer behind what’s allowed on the platform might forever remain a mystery.

1 Like

I thought decaying winter got smoked by a cigarette bud

Like said in this thread, you could use a substitute such as Bloxy Cola. I was thinking more along the lines of robux or tix, but I’m not sure how’d that go considering their policy of not being able to really reference ROBLOX in experiences anymore.

Pretty sure that too, but ever since the reopening, the “Hanger” entity completely disappeared. I’ve never encountered it at all. They still do have the cigarettes in the game but I rarely use them so I can’t really say for definite if anything changed at that side.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.