Materials suddenly being stretched out

As of several hours ago (12th february 2024) materials in several games have started to be stretched out more than they usually are. This bug happens in Studio and the Roblox Client:

(The picture might be a little bit bad as I don’t have a screenshot of how the materials are supposed to look like, but I have linked 2 posts which have screenshots of the before and after, please check them.)

They also appear more low quality than they usually are.

I am not the only person experiencing this issue, here are some posts by other people (which weren’t in bug reports):

Expected behavior

The materials are not supposed to be this stretched out. Just yesterday they looked fine. For refrence on how they should look check the posts which I have linked.

16 Likes

There are also issues with the color of the pavement material! I imagine these are bugs from the same release, so I’m replying to this post rather than creating a seperate report.

Heres a screenshot of our map 2 days ago (2/10)

Heres a screenshot of the same spot on our map today, with no lighting changes or map changes

here is the color that is being using for the pavement material:

I am very confident that this isn’t due to any lighting change or map change on our part, as we have several seperate files of this map, and all are impacted.

4 Likes

Good to know im not the only one, thought i had done some weird changes while half asleep or something

I closed roblox studio, entered a game that uses 2022 materials and it fixed the issue for me.

Also experiencing this, alongside voxels hitboxes being super weird - happening in game and on studio.

Hello, we have reverted the flag that’s causing this. Sorry for the inconvenience, please let us know if you are still experiencing issues. Thanks and appreciate the report/feedback.

4 Likes

Think I’m having the same issue, one of the water textures in my game has suddenly become stretched and I thought it was something I’d done lol!

The textures seem to have fixed, but I am still experiencing some weird issue with terrain collision putting some invisible barriers around the place

This is about visual materials, if you have a terrain collision issue, you need to file a separate bug report.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.