Maximum Player Count Lifted to 100!

Hey Developers,

This year we are working hard at supporting larger and more immersive games. As part of this initiative, we recently lifted the maximum player count to 100 for everyone. In the past, this was capped at 50 unless you were part of our Beta program.

You can make this change by going to Configure Place > Access > Maximum Player Count.

This is just one change of many we will make this year to enable developers to build large, immersive worlds.

FAQ

Q: I have 200 player servers on mine!
A: That means you are in the Beta testing group. If you aren’t already you can enroll, here.

Feel free to let us know what you think in the thread below!

242 Likes

More battle royales here we come
Jokes aside actually a pretty interesting change, i recall some games taking advantage of this already so it’ll be nice to see how else it’s used/which other games use it
How are 100 player servers performance wise though?

40 Likes

So the beta access doesn’t matter anymore? Last time I check the only beta thing was the player count, unless I missed a update? If so, please inform me.

8 Likes

The beta program has access to 200 player servers.

20 Likes

Great decision to allow more developers who haven’t yet stumbled across the forum to have this feature! :slight_smile:

10 Likes

This is awesome! During the Pizza Party event a few of the other developers and myself maxed out some 200 player servers with very minimal lag (with one attempt staying at a near consistent 1000ms avg ping). I’m glad to see all the improvements Roblox is making to optimize servers and allow us to have such large games like this!

27 Likes

I remember posting a thread asking about what Roblox’s vision for 100 player servers is and it seems that thread has been indirectly answered by pushing this feature out to the general public rather than as a closed feature for beta testers. I’m just sitting here laughing because I remember when 30 player servers were for BC only, then it upped to 50 with public access and now it’s 100.

I’m not going to say anything in praise to this change because it hasn’t affected me, but I do hope that developers outside of the DevForum will find good use for this change. Perhaps our Beta Program can also be a little more productive other than attracting people just to attain higher player servers and leave it at that. Now, it’s time for 200 player server optimisations (hopefully).

15 Likes

Glad that Roblox is giving more power to the regular users.

13 Likes

No, the beta program gives you access to features that aren’t live yet. Just cause they made changes to the player count which beta users had access to, doesn’t mean that beta doesn’t matter anymore

11 Likes

> implying we’re not regular users either

I didn’t really like the prospect of keeping this feature limited to beta testers. It’s been a while since >50 servers got any updates that I know of, aside from optimisations and an upping to 200 for beta users. It looked ready for public release for a while, so it’s nice to hear that DevForum membership or beta registration is no longer a requirement to reap the benefits of developing on the platform.

5 Likes

Yeah, we are regular users, but in this context I meant non-beta testers

6 Likes

I wonder how they manage to fit that many people into one server with full graphics.

6 Likes

I saw this was already there yesterday on the site. Was it supposed to be like that or am I a beta tester and I had no idea.

4 Likes

Happy to hear that 100 player servers are now released to non-beta users!

From some of the feedback I’ve seen on this thread and from other beta users it seems the concern for lag is quite minimum so I’m excited to see what games will come with this update!

Hoping for less simulators but not hoping for more battle royales… just kidding! :joy: Kind of…

4 Likes

If you are able to set 200-player servers, you are a part of the beta program. You can also check the link given in the original post to see if you requested membership.

1 Like

Yeah, I did request it, I just didn’t know if I did awhile back and never realized. I hope they check that thread soon since I need messaging service for a game.

1 Like

They generally release things a few hours/days before they announce it.

1 Like

Makes sense. I was wondering why I didn’t see anything about it, but it was there.

1 Like

Yeah :joy: It gives them time to fix any possible minor bugs before making the larger public aware of the update.

1 Like

Good idea on their part. Now for me to wait another day for maybe me to get beta so I can work on my game.

2 Likes