All forum users should have a path forward to be able to post in feature requests

It’s not constructive feedback to make up facts about how Roblox works internally. Focus on what you see and what needs to be improved, these are the problems feature requests should be about.

6 Likes

I think the issue is that since promotions have ended, there is no way for people to gain that access. I understand wanting to keep it to regulars to keep spam down, but if that is the case their should be some way to gain that rank.

(It seems like people have not been able to rank up since September 2020, more than a year, according to this: PSA: Here's what you need to get promoted to Regular)

It is a bit unfair that you can be an active user on the forum for more than a year and still be unable to use these features.

(Unless someone has a bit more updated information on promotions, I seem to be unable to find any good information)

6 Likes

As mentioned beforehand, it is coming soon.

2 Likes

Just wondering, is there any sort of confirmed time or date? (ex: any mention recently about updates? Or something saying they expect it to roll out like march 2022 [Just a random date I picked]).

It has been a good 1+ year and I have not really been able to find any info about it besides that forum post.

5 Likes

Ohh that’s fantastic! Could you maybe link the post/place where it got announced though? I can’t find it anywhere, and probably so do a lot of other people, which is making them still create posts like this.

6 Likes

It is referring to: Forum Maintenance: Upcoming Features + Improvements - #6 by Kairomatic

However there is no timeline given.

5 Likes

Thanks! And yeah it sucks that there’s not more information about the timeline.
Since 21 October there has not been any official news, so the “coming back soon” might as well be another year :grimacing: But I’m really looking forward to it :))

3 Likes

I still do not agree with you on this:

1. I like how it is now, needing regular to post in some categories, and i would not want that to be changed, never!
  2. The thing is that theres no point for the staff members to allow members to post in regular only categories.
  3. Since post approval is removed, what would they use instead?
4 Likes

There’s not really an explanation for why I ask if it’s required to add filtering to my dev only messages and I get a link for a topic on custom chats and how to enable parental controls for my chat settings.

4 Likes

And they are not robots, else they would not be answering to so many questions i had, yes of course they may say the same thing over and over, thats just how they work, okay!!!

You can say whatever you want, they are not bots!

2 Likes

Its because apparently they are not allowed to disclose any information regarding systems and tools that they use.

2 Likes

Good idea, although it may be better to just reopen promotions with a greater requirement!

3 Likes

Just reopen the regular rank. I have no idea why they closed it, it’s like yeah we can tell them bugs, but we can’t post feature requests which is 10x annoying, reopen regular promotions

3 Likes

Very

They closed it because they removed post approval, and nobody has wanted to find a replacement for the past 2 years.

3 Likes

Not true, they have spent a lot of resources on this since then, it’s just incredibly hard to scale. They’ve been doing the first steps with that bug report wizard. I heard it will get more improvements soon™ and then that would pave a way for opening up bug reports the same for anyone on the forum.

Feature requests likely need a similar form before they can open that one up as well.

6 Likes

Honestly this is true. If there are no regular promotions currently being done, why should it only be for regulars?

2 Likes

Wait. Do you mean Regulars or Members?

1 Like

They mean Regulars because they literally said “Regulars”

I’m pretty sure that @ItsKoiske accidentally said Regulars instead of members because I don’t see a reason why Roblox wouldn’t trust Regulars.

In other words, it would make much more sense if they replaced “Regulars” with members".

You should probably read everything they said first.

2 Likes

I have read everything they said first. I read it when they first replied and I read it before responding to you. I even read it again after to make sure I’m not making a fool of myself and it’s pretty evident that they meant to say “Regulars”.

Here’s the full quote.

If for some reason you want to continue this, DM me.

2 Likes