Merging multiple accounts

Quite a few of us have multiple accounts on Roblox, especially those of us that have been here for over a decade, my suggestion is the ability to merge existing accounts with current ones.

There are both Pros and Cons to this:
Pros:

• Players will retain personal items from years back inc. Hats, Gears, Faces etc.
  • [ Potentially ] could clear up User space, freeing up Usernames once merged as the prior account could be removed from ROBLOX?

Cons:

• Could be taken advantage of; Hackers stealing etc etc.

Most probably where Two-Factor verification could come into Play where-in an email or PIN is sent to both the Old and New accounts attached Email Address. Following this, both pins are to be inputted on a follow screen to complete any form of merging.

Thoughts on something like this?

25 Likes

One of my old account’s passwords was just cracked, so I logged in to change it. Should be fine.

However I completely forgot about the games I had made on these accounts, some of which are very dear to me.
I would also like the ability to merge my old accounts all into one, so I don’t have to worry about them being broken into, stolen, as well having the games being preserved on my main account.

Yes, I could just download all the games I had made, but I have (quite literally) hundreds of places that I’ve created over the past 10 years.

More pros for this

• There would be less security risk to user data if old accounts can be merged and deleted (bank details, email, etc).
  • Usernames from each account can be set as Alias’ on the main account
  • Games and assets will be preserved on the main account.

This should require 2FA and a validated email on both the main and servant accounts in order to merge
Please add this feature.

7 Likes

I don’t see why Roblox should create a feature for this. As far as I know, no other websites have a feature like this. This is probably for a reason.

Even besides using 2FA, this feature is way too tricky for hackers.
Also, this feature will help the “account selling” world as they can purchase multiple Roblox accounts, merge them in one and the sell the final account.

2 Likes

This could be used in way more ways than just security breaches. Personally, I would like this feature added to help users in my situation. I made my main account a little bit ago, but in the creation of my main account, I accidentally made myself exactly one years old. I eventually gained a lot of progress in games and obtained a decent amount of robux on my main. At first, I didn’t see a problem in my age being one year old (besides safe chat, which didn’t bother me much), until I became a developer. I wasn’t allowed to Dev-Ex and much of the features available to other Developers were restricted to me. So, I made an alt account, which would hold all my games and such. Over time, my alt account made a lot of progress in games and obtained a decent amount of Robux as well. At this moment in time, I would prefer playing on my alt account, but would like all the game progress, accessories, robux, groups, and even the username from my main account moved to my alt. In a summary, this feature would be useful for users who are forced to create and alternate account due to age-restrictions when the user accidentally enters the wrong age. Even if this feature never ends up getting created due to security problems that could be caused by this, maybe Roblox could give Roblox staff permissions to merge accounts so that we could come to them, and they verify that we are the owners of both accounts.

I feel like this focuses too much on a single solution rather than problem, sure you have been locked out of many features due to your account age, but is account merging the best solution?

Probably not. First of all, how would Roblox handle discrepancies in account information such account age, etc. For security reasons, Roblox would probably have to take the youngest age to protect younger users, in this case, this would not solve your issue.

A better solution would be to allow users to prove they are over 13 so this issue never happens in the first-place, such as in this feature-request: Allow age changes with ID verification even when underaged

1 Like

You are correct! They should add that feature. The only problem is this would only work for people who have accidentally created an account that was younger than it was supposed to be and didn’t create and alternate account in an attempt to combat this issue. The verification method would work for future players, being given the option to change their age instead of creating an alt account, but not for past players who already created an alt account (which may or may not have robux, accessories, badges, game progress, etc.). Maybe Roblox would be able to temporarily provide a ‘merge feature’ and then move on to provide a verification for U13 (therefore, even if they did set you to the lowest age, you would be able to change the age back with the U13 verification later on ending the user up with one account with all their items and the correct age)? In the matter of the handle situation, maybe they could have you chose which handle you would like?