Mesh Has a Weird Shadow Glitch

I am making a shield in Blender, and it looks fine but when I import it into Roblox Studio it looks weird, I even made it Double-sided.

Here is what it looks like in blender

I export it as an obj if you’re wondering.

2 Likes

did you turn on the normal after smooth shading option?

1 Like

I just tried that it didn’t help.

Perhaps select the mesh item in Studio and deselect “cast shadow”

Your faces are inverted, select all the faces (A) and press CTRL+N to change the orientation on the faces.

But how does it look in Blender when you are out of Edit mode?

Also, after you’ve got everything put together the way you want it, click A to select all (vertices, edges, sides, it doesn’t matter) then in Edit mode go to Mesh>Normals>Reset vectors to ‘fix’ many of the twists you get when moving faces, edges and vertices around.

Is the mesh mostly flat? You seem to have a LOT of unneeded tris for such a small item.

2 Likes

This usually happens to me when I use fill between complex edges which results in a weird shadow.

As @Scottifly said this has a lot of unneeded tris. You should probably end up remodeling this anyways…

1 Like

did you solve the issue because I made a model as well and the topology isn’t even bad and it kind of sucks when importing and has that weird shadow

this will only happen when you export it with fbx but if you import it as OBJ and turn off shadows it won’t look weird
it’s tedious to do multiple parts though imo

I figured something out that works for me, you have to use Import 3D in Roblox. And once you are about to import you have to check Invert Negative Faces.

1 Like