Mesh ID & Texture ID Added to the Context Menu

Hey developers,

We have made two small changes to the Toolbox context menu for mesh parts.

You can now copy Mesh ID and Texture ID from the context menu. To make room for these new entries, we have removed the ‘Copy Asset URI’ protocol. Note: Studio accepts the standalone Asset ID, so you should not need to use the Asset URI.

context-menu_meshID

Thank you!

235 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 10 minutes.

Small?
SMALL?

This will make countless things much easier!

40 Likes

Personally, I would have preferred the removal of ‘view in browser’ but hey, at least I don’t have to constantly insert my meshes just to get the mesh ID now.

3 Likes

wow this makes it way easier for me to swipe meshes/textures thanks!

2 Likes

Good to see that we do not need to use URI again

3 Likes

Best update but is copyright? Idk but nice update

1 Like

Not the biggest change ever, but it’ll be very useful !

2 Likes

actually it’s a cool addition and will make a lot of things easier

2 Likes

Thank,totally usefull for a long term work. :smiley:

2 Likes

Oh, yeah, this will surely make my job easier.
Thanks!

4 Likes

This will severely improve the easiness of switching textures for meshes. Very time efficient long-term.

3 Likes

This will help so much with quickly getting instances ID’s. It was just such a pain to go to the website find the object click on it and then copy the code from the URL. Such a time saver.

2 Likes

Makes it a lot easier instead of having to copy it out of the 3D space itself

1 Like

This is a great change! It will make development soooo much easier. Thanks Roblox, you always bring us the best updates!

3 Likes

thank you for making my workflow so much easier!

2 Likes

Quite a good update! But it only takes a few seconds from the past method when you had to post the link of the id in the browser and then copy it but this works faster atleast.

2 Likes

A small change can be a big one. I love this update, please keep making small changes as long as they are useful.

2 Likes

This is wonderful thanks for the information!

1 Like

Even though it would only add 16px of vertical space…, still a cool update though.

4 Likes