Mesh Importing

[quote]

Meshes would need moderation. You could rip meshes from a game or another source and upload it straight to Roblox. The gist of how it seems that ROBLOX works is that any outside content gets moderated when imported to ROBLOX. Any content made inside of the platform isn’t moderated until notice is brought to it or they see it. [/quote]

Images and sounds are IP and they are created outside the platform.[/quote]

Yes, and they get put into a moderation queue upon upload. what’s your point?

1 Like

[quote] [quote=“Sparker22” post=184975]

Meshes would need moderation. You could rip meshes from a game or another source and upload it straight to Roblox. The gist of how it seems that ROBLOX works is that any outside content gets moderated when imported to ROBLOX. Any content made inside of the platform isn’t moderated until notice is brought to it or they see it. [/quote]

Images and sounds are IP and they are created outside the platform.[/quote]

Yes, and they get put into a moderation queue upon upload. what’s your point?[/quote]

I misunderstood what you meant by “moderated.”

1 Like

Sorry? I thought uploading this new type of asset would just go the same as uploading any other type of asset?

It’s a pretty straightforward feature request, standard for a development platform. It’s not like it’s my responsibility to explain the more detailed implementation instructions, that’s not my job.

1 Like

You’re being ridiculous. OP has a problem with an ambiguous solution. If the admins want to do it then they’ll come up with a solution regardless of what OP says.

1 Like

Surprised nobody posted this yet

1 Like

:smiley: I can finally hopefully import my creatures.

1 Like

I just want ROBLOX to make their own in-Studio mesh-modeler.

1 Like

That would be a HUGE undertaking id imagine.

1 Like

That would be a HUGE undertaking id imagine.[/quote]

Obviously, but I think it’d be worth it.

1 Like

Obviously, but I think it’d be worth it.[/quote]

To be honest, I don’t think it would. There are free 3D utilities out there (like Blender) that work perfectly fine. Making their own would just take away time from working on other things.

1 Like

its not like they developed their own platform or anything.

1 Like

[quote]Sorry? I thought uploading this new type of asset would just go the same as uploading any other type of asset?

It’s a pretty straightforward feature request, standard for a development platform. It’s not like it’s my responsibility to explain the more detailed implementation instructions, that’s not my job.[/quote]

It’s not that simple, meshes are a lot trickier to moderate. And if you want this feature so bad, then maybe you should expand on it a bit more, so that you can convince the admins to add it.

1 Like

Would this mesh debate not be resolved if only we could disable physics for unions, and have a higher triangle limit for unions?
That is my solution

1 Like

[quote]Would this mesh debate not be resolved if only we could disable physics for unions, and have a higher triangle limit for unions?
That is my solution[/quote]

That’s not a bad idea, but unions don’t always work, using CAD software is a lot easier.

1 Like

[quote] [quote]Sorry? I thought uploading this new type of asset would just go the same as uploading any other type of asset?

It’s a pretty straightforward feature request, standard for a development platform. It’s not like it’s my responsibility to explain the more detailed implementation instructions, that’s not my job. [/quote]

It’s not that simple, meshes are a lot trickier to moderate. And if you want this feature so bad, then maybe you should expand on it a bit more, so that you can convince the admins to add it.[/quote]

It is that simple though. You seem to have an issue interpreting how simple things are, like reporting phishing sites. The admins don’t need me to convince them, it just is going to happen in the future if Roblox ever wants to improve their status as a dev platform and not strictly a kids game. I posted this for completion sake (since it seems nobody else made a thread about it so far), but it looks like you just want to argue about CAD and how you think 3D modeling means the same thing as engineering. It’s art though.

Think about the threads.

1 Like

Yeh, so let’s just let everyone on roblox upload meshes to roblox, without there being any kind of moderation, that will work great!

1 Like

Thanks for foruming, please learn to be more helpful.

To answer your question that you worded as a statement, advanced modeling software (like 3DS MAX) can be automated to load up a mesh and allow the moderator to look at it. Aside from that, not many people know what asset moderation looks like because moderators are either not allowed to reveal it (NDA), heavily discouraged from doing so, or don’t care to share.

2 Likes

I was being sarcastic because it’s much more complicated than that. Because we have to decide, is it a feature that everyone can use at once? Because mesh importing is a big thing! It’s not as simple as a decal, where you can just look at it, and if it is against the roblox rules, then they won’t allow it. Or if it’s a sound, they listen to it, if that is against the roblox rules, they won’t allow it.
So I apologize if you are getting annoyed by me, but the point in this post is to clear things up. Plus clearing things up will increase the chances of it getting added to roblox, which I really want to happen. So I think that we still need to discuss how 3D meshes will be moderated, because it will take much longer to moderate than 2D decals or sounds.

1 Like

You say it isn’t that simple and it is that simple.

1 Like

[quote]

Please learn to forum:

[quote]
…Advanced modeling software (like 3DS MAX) can be automated to load up a mesh and allow the moderator to look at it. Aside from that, not many people know what asset moderation looks like because moderators are either not allowed to reveal it (NDA), heavily discouraged from doing so, or don’t care to share. [/quote]
Moderation is a very private thing and we aren’t allowed (or supposed) to know, so telling them how they should do it when we have no idea is dumb.

1 Like