Mesh or Union Deformation

Hello, Underrated

I’m having a bit of an issue.
I’m making an airplane and it was going on well until:
Mesh or “Union” Deformation

It’s honestly the worst thing to deal with right now and I don’t know what to do about it. I’ve read some posts about Roblox Studio having to deal with a large number of parts being unioned and that’s the reason for this. I, unfortunately, cant decrease the number of unions because it’s for the fuselage windows and I’ve tried other ways but they didn’t seem to work. Any help?

Oh yeah. P.S - I can’t use blender for this because I have no experience in making planes on there.

1 Like

I wouldn’t know a real solution other than dividing the unions up so there is less of a problem with deformation.

1 Like

Your only 2 solutions would be to either use around 40+ unions for the fuselage, or use Blender. Collisions are probably also broken and I’d bet you can’t even walk inside it as it is right now.

2 Likes

In my opinion you should give Blender a try, it will pay off in the end way better than unions, but that’s just my opinion.

I started using Blender for skinned meshes and it took me one or two days to get used to it, I’m sure that modeling pays off very well there.

2 Likes

Honestly, Mesh. Unions aren‘t perfomance friendly at the moment, meshes are. Or, you could deform the mesh in Roblox, export it in blender, delete the unecessary vertex (I don‘t know why, but for example a Roblox cube has 16 vertices instead of 8. Maybe I remember, but what I remember is that the head has double vertices more than it should have, wich isn‘t going to help the performance a lot)

How many unions are you doing at once?

Sorry for the late responses, I was finishing up a project and going to school.

Several, most likely over 40 at once, then I toned it down to 20, then 10, then 5, still got the same result.

I’ll try out Blender, I have some experience but not a lot, I know about booleans so those might help. I’ll view some tutorials.

Thanks to everyone that came up with a suggestion.

Did you try unioning them one part at a time? When I ran into union deformation issues, unioning a smaller amount of parts helped and it ended up fixing it.