Mesh shape changes when humanoid is added to model

So I was building my model cannon, and I wanted to add a humanoid to it. When I did, I found that the meshes inside each of the parts changed shape. I don’t know why this happened, as I checked all the properties of the mesh and they were the same as they were before the humanoid was added. I’m looking for a solution that includes having a humanoid in my model, and having the meshes at their original size.

Before humanoid was added:
nohumanoid

After humanoid was added:
eww

3 Likes

Does this still happen when you turn off Humanoid.AutomaticScalingEnabled?

Yes

Can you show us the Explorer window of the entire rig? I’ve never seen anything like this happen, unless you’re using an old SpecialMesh and this is some really strange and rare side-effect.

I’m sure we can figure it out :slight_smile:

Oh, yeah, I am using just a vanilla special mesh with the “head” mesh type. Here is a screenshot of the explorer window of the model.

explorer

Well I was going to just export a SpecialMesh and import it into Blender, then export from Blender and import it into Studio as a MeshPart (that way it would keep it’s form) buuuut

This is really weird, even for Roblox standards :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow, that’s hecka weird.

I might be able to figure out a solution that doesn’t involve using a humanoid, but it would be great to really come up with a solution for developers experiencing the same issue. I’m at a loss as to what to do, but hopefully a representative from Roblox will see this and get someone to fix it up.

Really weird, yea.

But for now, I just eye-balled a Close Enough :tm: mesh that I uploaded. Try changing the SpecialMesh’s MeshId to rbxassetid://2506298336 and see if there’s at least an improvement?

I don’t even know if this will work, mind you, but it’s worth a shot :sweat_smile:

At least it’s something so you don’t have to stop working.

This is some weirdness with how the original head shapes were initially implemented. There was another thread about this about two years ago.

I’d advise using a special mesh instead, you can find the head meshes in the content/avatar/heads folder.

Thanks for sharing that link. There was a post a little bit down saying that rbxasset://fonts/headA.mesh (where there are heads A-P so you just replace the letter with whatever). rbxasset://fonts/headK.mesh works like a charm; you just have to scale it to whatever the size of your part normally is.

Doesn’t really explain why the humanoid changes the shape of the mesh, but hey, I was just looking for a work-around to the problem.

2 Likes