Meshes Randomly Rotating on Client

Previous Topic:

I imported an fbx file that i made in blender. I downloaded a .svg file and basically just converted into a mesh in blender. Now when i imported the mesh, it looked fine. But when i run the game it rotates like 90 degrees and only on the client.

Here are some images of the problem

Studio View:

Client view when the game is running:

Server view when the game is running

I do not have any scripts that change rotation, the mesh parts are anchored, theres no local script affecting. This also happens on empty places, if i open up a baseplate, anchor the mesh and run the game, the same issue still persists

Here are the files if you want to test it for yourself:

HotdogStand.rbxm (110.9 KB)

Example place:

example-place.rbxl (161.4 KB)

1 Like

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when there’s any update on the issue.

1 Like

This happens because the part’s cframe isn’t a valid rotation (it’s inverted). You can fix it by running this in the command bar:

local part = workspace.Curve
part.CFrame = CFrame.fromMatrix(part.CFrame.Position, part.CFrame.XVector, -part.CFrame.YVector)

Servers use the exact cframe that’s saved in the place file. 12 numbers; 3 for translation and 9 for rotation. Meanwhile, clients reconstruct that cframe from a tiny compressed quaternion.
What you’re seeing is that the CFrame is getting “corrected” by the compression and forced to be un-inverted.

Can you supply the original .fbx (and the exact steps you used to import it) so we can make sure the importer isn’t importing bad cframes?

Yes, i solved it by running the command 2 times. But the lighting of the object became really weird, there’s no shading on the object anymore.

This is the .fbx file that i used:
hotdogstand.fbx (72.9 KB)

Check your mesh normals and make sure they aren’t flipped!

The normals look fine in blender.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.