I’ve got these buffs that weld to players when they join the game but suddenly they are now showing these lines that lead to exactly point 0,0,0 in Workspace.
I’m not entirely sure what they are (they don’t appear for me but they do appear for everyone else), but I can only think that it is something to do with the weld I have scripted or something along those lines.
Does anyone have any ideas?
The code for welding.
local part = game.ServerStorage.Buffs.NeckBuff:Clone()
part.Parent = plr.Character
local weld = Instance.new('Weld', part)
weld.Part0 = part
weld.Part1 = plr.Character.Head
weld.C0 = CFrame.new(0,0.675,0)*CFrame.fromEulerAnglesXYZ(0,math.rad(180),0)
CFrame the part first try doing that instead of using C0 it may benefit you. Also instead of Instance.new(“Weld”,part) just set the parent manually.
Okay. I’ll give that a shot and see.
Hmm, it doesn’t seem like it is welding now.
EDIT: Nevermind. I did something wrong. Just need to check it is working for others.
EDIT: The weldC0 seems to be showing the line still but if I just use CFrame it’s fine. However, CFrame doesn’t position the item on the right area of the player.
Can you please upload the model / part you’re trying to weld to the character?
A small repro of your issue would be better if possible. If you can, pull the affected assets into a new baseplate and see if you can make the issue happen without unrelated code running.
Because I’m unsure of how to highlight lua I guess I’ll show a demonstration with text.
local part = Instance.new(“Part”)
part.Parent = workspace
local part2 = Instance.new(“Part”)
part2.Parent = workspace
local weld = Instance.new(“Weld”)
weld.Parent = part
part.Anchored = true
part2.Anchored = true
part.CFrame = CFrame.new(0,0,0) – Center of the map
part2.CFrame = part.CFrame
weld.Part0 = part
weld.Part1 = part2
part.Anchored = false
part2.Anchored = false
This is an example of how you would weld using CFrame.
Also if you want to position it exactly on the player I suggest doing something relative to this;
part2.CFrame = part.CFrame
part would be like the bodypart of which you’re trying to position onto. (Don’t forget to CanCollide = false the part if it’s armor)
I’ve worked out the problem. It’s a decal that’s on the part. It seems to be stretching from the origin of workspace (0,0,0) to where the user is. Very strange as I’ve never seen a decal do that before!
What part is the decal attached to (basic/csg/mesh)? Would you be able to upload a model that shows this problem? It’s definitely an engine bug.
Apologies for the slow reply. There are two decals on a MeshPart. A picture of one of the several MeshParts I have with decals can be seen in the picture provided.
The very interesting thing is that for anyone other than me, it goes weird, so it appears only the owner of the place is not seeing the decals go all strange.
EDIT: Here is a link to the MeshPart I have uploaded. Please let me know if you need anything else.
Maybe its a problem with your roblox? Try re-installing roblox to see if that helps since it seems to be only happening to you.
It’s quite the opposite. The issue is that it’s only working fine for me and everyone else is seeing it as per the image from my original post.
Thats quite odd, it seems perfectly normal when I imported it into my game? Do you have anything special in your game that renders things differently?
I don’t think so. As I say, it’s strange that every other user sees the problem and I don’t. A RobloxStaff member above said it was definitely an engine bug.
Would you mind putting a link to your game so that I could see the problem myself? If it doesnt show the problem, it might be based on what they’re playing on and how the texture is rendered?
You can join the game here >> https://www.roblox.com/games/2537982687/Project-S
It’s in Alpha at the moment so I normally have it closed.
also getting is as well
here’s a repro:
TextureBug.rbxl (231.0 KB)
If a decal or a texture is laying on top of a meshpart which is Automatic RenderFidelity, the decal does a weird glitch where it stretches to the position the tool once was in the workspace (i tucked it into starterpack).
I messed around a bit and confirmed it’s because I changed the mesh to Automatic instead of Precise. Turning it back to Precise doesn’t fix the issue, however, it stays broken.
You can see my tools say precise/automatic in the video. the precise version is a meshpart straight out of the toolbox that hasn’t been renderfidelity altered (precise).
I duplicated this exact tool and turned the meshpart to automatic, and you can see it glitching now because of this change.
the only way to currently fix this is to make a brand new part because turning it back to precise doesn’t fix the issue.
here’s the workspace if you want to mess around with it. broken grapes.rbxl (590.1 KB)
this has happened on multiple of my tools, just messed around with it in a baseplate to figure out how to get it to trigger for this post.
thank you for reading.
(this is glitching like this in a regular game too, not just studio. thanks for the help XAXA)
My mesh parts have always been “Precise” or at least they are now. Maybe I had changed them to automatic at some point and just don’t remember doing so. I could try creating a new part and see what happens.
That would be interesting to find out. I’m not sure if it’s because of the welds because the grapes I tested on didn’t have any welds (being only a single part in a tool)
I kinda feel like it has something to do with the new automatic mesh parts acting weirdly when a humanoid is involved (or something along those lines)
The tool doesn’t have any glitches when it sits on the floor, but after you pick it up it starts glitching. (Actually I wanna test this one more time but from my memory this is how it went)