MeshPart's Mass is Set to 0

Mid-day today, I have received an influx of reports that a feature within my game is entirely broken. An ingot is produced from a machine, and it falls through the machine, flinging everywhere. Upon further investigation, I have noticed that the Mass of the MeshPart is 0, and the AssemblyMass of the MeshPart is inf. When I disable the CustomPhysicalProperties, it fixes. re-enabling them and re-assigning their values back to what they were before also fixes it.

I have tried reproducing this in another place file, yet I am entirely unable to. Duplicating the model results in the duplicated model fixing itself, in the same game, as well as other studio files. I have tried to recreate how the ingot is created, and the issue does not persist.

I am doing nothing special other than duplicating a model, parenting it to a descendant of Workspace, assigning PhysicalProperties, resizing it’s primary part, and setting the network owner to nil.

Here is a video of the issue occurring:

Here is the game it is occurring in:

Expected behavior

The assembly mass of the MeshPart should not be 0, and the assembly mass should not be inf. Due to the density provided, and the size of the mesh, this should be > 0.

1 Like

We’ve rolled back a flag. Let us know if this still occurs.

2 Likes

I am no longer experiencing the issue. Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.